Discuss A little guidence please. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

B

Benn

Ive currently finished my Level 3 framework (exams and practicals) but am yet to finish my work based evidence portfolio and AM2. My tutor said if I finish my portfolio by July I can go on the 17th edition course in july.

Now my 'supervisor' at work seems to think I shouldn't be working if I dont have my 17th edition qual. Saying basically he thought they taught it and included it in the Level 3 framework, so that when you pass the framework you are also 17th edition done. I informed him of his mistake and he said no you shouldn't be working without it.

Under my understanding I'm ok to work because I'm still classed as an apprenctice or his apprentice working under his supervision. Could somebody clear this up for me.

My argument was that how do apprentices go about getting work based evidence without the 17th edition qual and thats when he came out with well they teach it with the framework dont they?

By the way I think he's a bit confused because he's part P qualified/registered?

Could someone clarify that I can work?

It has always been my understanding that an apprentice is legally classed as neither skilled or competent and therefore would not be expected to carry out work without being supervised. :)rolleyes: put your hand up if as a third year you were expected to undertake installations on your own) so I would be inclined to agree with you Benn.

Ask yourself this; how are you expected to work in your first year if you haven't got your 17th edition, how are you going to get your 17th edition without some installation experience? (And yes I know a lot of swotting up can get you the 2382-10 but its not ideal)

So what is your supervisor suggesting? That you can't work on the tools so therefore not being able to complete your AM2 which may in turn mean that you can't take the 17th? Bit of a catch 22 for you mate.

think he is a bit confused, ask him if he was qualified before he got into the trade

Reply to A little guidence please. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock