Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss A long time ago in the past in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Pete999

Pete999 Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    None
    As per the title, when I first joined, I was trying to find out if anyone knew the whereabouts of a Neon Tester, (I know) this tester was a Black jobby, not your usual plastic see through type, being a Tool Tart I wanted to know if I could purchase one, not to use, just to add to my collection of tools.
    I was issued with one when I worked for the SWEB, one kind member, cant remember who it was, but thanks anyway.
    Trouble is I can't find the item, think it was called NEO TEST or something along those lines, does anyone recall this item, or know where I can get hold of a replacement? Grateful for any ideas.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  2. haptism

haptism Regular EF Member

3. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Trusted Advisor

Top Poster Of Month

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    anything like this?:
    [​IMG]

4. Pete999

Pete999 Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    None
    No Tel just a bog standard neon but more robust it was black with a small view port for the neon

5. Pete999

Pete999 Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    None
  6. oracle

oracle Regular EF Member

Duspol made one long long ago, when the earth was still green, and there were more kinds of animals than you've ever seen.

7. telectrix

Top Poster Of Month

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    there's enough animals on this forum without reminiscing over extinct ones. anyway the earth is not green, it's blue. ( clue "Blue Planet" as opposed to Mars, the "Red Planet", and don't start on about Pluto. he's a cartoon dog. :D:D:D.

8. Pete999

Pete999 Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    None
    UPDATE TO MISSING NEON TESTER
    After an exhaustive search through my numerous boxes of stuff, the missing neon tester was found unharmed and returned to it's desperate owner.
    Both neon and owner are doing well, the neon has been relocated to the bits drawer in my Sitting room, where I can, if I get depressed have a look at it, and wonder what all the fuss was about.
    Happy days, for info it was made by SCOPE PRODUCTS. After exhaustive Google searches I have determined that SCOPE PRODUCTS no longer exist, which makes the finding of the errant neon even more pleasing.
    Pete999 news at 14.30 and now back to normality. Thanks to those of you who responded to my post.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  9. oracle

oracle Regular EF Member

Which part of long long ago when the earth was STILL green did you not understand ? Pollution made it look blue Bloody Scouser!

10. telectrix

Top Poster Of Month

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    the earth is not green. it's all that grass and trees that make it look so.anyway, 70% of the surface is water and that varies from blue i holiday brochures to brown/grey in real life.

11. Pete999

Pete999 Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    None
    Are the two posts above in the wrong order? it seems oracle is answering a thread that Tel hadn't posted yet.

12. telectrix

Top Poster Of Month

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    not sure, pete. have another glass things might become clearer.( or misted, who cares()/

13. Pete999

Pete999 Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    None
    True very True

14. jay sean

jay sean Regular EF Member

Was it black white and red with a orange neon light?

15. Dave OCD

Dave OCD Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Hendry Electrical Services
    Pete, I've seen those - known as a 'Testascope' I believe.