Discuss A question regarding filling the new PIR in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

N

nazoom

When filling the Condition Report Inspection Schedule For Domestic And Similar Premiss With Up to 100A Supply, section 5 (Final Circuits), the part that states: "Concealed cables in cooperating armour or sheath, or run within earthed wiring system, or otherwise protected against mechanical damaged from nails, screws, and the like", my questions is do I put a tick if there were cables concealed in the fabric (Board), and there is also a SWA wiring that feds the CU, but no conduit, the installation is domestic and has single phase with three wirings system?

Many Thanks.

There is a SWA but no conduit or trunkin. Does that means a tick? the other cables are normal size like 1.5 (cpc 1.0), 2.5 (cpc 1.5), 6.0 (cpc 2.5), and 10 (cpc 4.0). They are all concealed in a wall.

Thanks

Is the SWA concealed in the wall??

If it is then tick the box. If not then it's a N/A.

Last edited by a moderator:
The SWA is not concealed but there are other conductors like twin core and earth conductors that are concealed in the wall. Does this still qualify as a tick?

Many Thanks.

Read what it is asking for.

Concealed cable incorporating armour or sheath or run within earthed wiring system

Twin and earth is not armoured. Unless it is run in earthed metallic conduit/trunking then it's N/A

So to sum it up it should be a N/A, even thought there is a SWA but not concealed and there are other wiring system but no conduit or trunkin?

Sorry for that but just need to be sure as my exam is coming soon and I am freaking out!!!

Many Thanks.

That part of the form is only concerned with armoured cables concealed in the wall or earthed conduit/trunking systems.

This is because these types of wiring systems don't require additional protection by means of an RCD because they are mechanically protected against nails and screws etc.

Reply to A question regarding filling the new PIR in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net