Discuss A reluctant intro... in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

E

ennaress

Hi All
I've used other forums and have met all manner of keyboard warriors, bigots, hypocrites etc etc and so I really hope this one will be different.
I am one of the industry's unpopular castes - 31 years sat at a desk, talking the talk as a commercial property surveyor and have re-qualified for domestic electrical installations and hope to work for myself on low-scale, small domestic jobs the big boys (or is that grown-ups) are too busy for.
But I have no practical experience, beyond advanced DIY and a fair few non-notifiable jobs for people I've done over the past few months.
My first question is probably best created via the attached snap of the back of a CCU. There are two markings stating 'IND' and on the socket side two holes that appear to have some sort of conductive 'clamp' or connector.
Any ideas as to what these are / mean?
Thank you

CCU.jpg

CCU.jpg

i'd think it was an obsolete 45A D/P switch, e.g for a cooker. the ind probably is for a neon indicator, across the load terminals.

Welcome to the forum.
You will experience many different approaches from people.

The IND is probably indicator. i.e the little red LED/neon to show the power is on.
If there is a red window in the accessory then this is where the indicator should be, however the unit may be designed without an indicator lamp as it may be cheaper to make all the accessories, with or without lamps, from the same mould.

Tel has beaten me to it.

Welcome to the forum.
You will experience many different approaches from people.

The IND is probably indicator. i.e the little red LED/neon to show the power is on.
If there is a red window in the accessory then this is where the indicator should be, however the unit may be designed without an indicator lamp as it may be cheaper to make all the accessories, with or without lamps, from the same mould.

Tel has beaten me to it.
Beaten everyone to it by the looks of it

Welcome ennaress to this unbiased unbigotted and unhypocrytical forum - the other ones are terrible aren't they!
Spend as much time as you can reading old posts and old threads as you'll get a look into how things are done.
If there are any funny stories that you've picked up in the 31 years behind the desk please share them. Commercial property surveyancy can be a funny old game! Rob

And as for me just give me a banana and you'll have a friend for life. I'm easily pleased just ask the others.

welcome to the site, I am also a newbie returning to the trade so lets be the blind leading the blind and hope these good people on the forum can switch a few lights on for us.......

i'd think it was an obsolete 45A D/P switch, e.g for a cooker. the ind probably is for a neon indicator, across the load terminals.
Cheers to all for your learned views and answers! I look forward to getting involved in this forum, that indeed appears non-judgmental, non bigoted Etc!

A mate of mine has suggested something novel - that the IND actually stands for India where they run 230V. At the end of each arrow (see photo) there is a terminal which apparently is how they there terminate. Interesting...?

Welcome! We are a friendly bunch to one and all, there's loads of good info on here to go through and read. Have you had a look at the resources section?

Reply to A reluctant intro... in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net