Discuss About alarm systems? in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

bluearmy

I have limited knowledge about alarm systems, i no only the very basic things about them, but i am wondering can any make outside bell box be linked to any make alarm system? I no its a bit of a strange thing to say but if anybody can pass on any information that they think could help me for future installs, it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers lads

i think most bellboxes can be used with most panels and normally there's a table in the instructions to correspond the connections for different panels.

Yes you can.If you use wireless alarm, they normally give you an adaptor to use any make of normal siren and use it as a wireless siren.

what adaptor is that.

ESP - Products

There is not a better wireless alarm on the market. I have fitted loads of these, the internal sounder is even louder than the external, unlike most other alarms that you can normally just talk over the top of, if they are sounding!
You can add so many things to this alarm like flood detectors, carbon monoxide and smoke alarms, and it can all be set so it contact you via call or text to let you know what has been triggered.
You can even have an internal speaker, so you can listen in if people are walking around the house.

alarm related question ? my alarm fitter has asked me to provide him with a non rcd protected mcb for his alarm to run off. I i am having trouble finding a consumer unit that is suitable.

alarm related question ? my alarm fitter has asked me to provide him with a non rcd protected mcb for his alarm to run off. I i am having trouble finding a consumer unit that is suitable.
Maybe another option would be to run a normal RCD protected circuit and fit an isolating transformer for the alarm guy next to where the panel will be installed. Assuming the load is pretty low it would probably only cost a few pounds. I'm not from the UK so maybe just check it doesn't transgress any regs before you do it.

If its a general house alarm, dont see the need for it to be on an rcd. alarm will have a battery back up if the rcd does ever trip. could understand on large commercial unit , may take someone a few days to realise the rcd has tripped but i a house you would know pretty much straight away.

worked for alarm companies in the past and they have never been off a non rcd protected circuit. not really sure why he would want this ....... dont get unwanted tripping etc off an alarm normally ...... ??

He most probably means if the alarm was to be put on same side as other circuits,and there happens to be a fault with one of them whilst they are on holiday, then it will trip RCD and alarm will become inactive (once back up

technically this could be the case. If you are having a dialler on the alarm ( one that rings you if the alarm is set off ) im sure there are normally programmable outputs and you could set one of these up for mains failure ...... aka if the power turns off you get a phonecall telling you . Not 100% sure if you can on most general house alarm but the more large scale ones im sure this is possible ?

Reply to About alarm systems? in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net