Discuss ACA info and tips wanted. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to the forum.
We do not seem to get many responses on ACA questions and I am afraid I am the wrong side of the border to advise sensibly.
However I assume you have read and noted the Sectt booklet about ACA this provides quite a lot of useful background and preparation.
Other than that your best approach is to think first and then act. If you are ready for the testing then you should not have a problem with it as it is reasonably straight forward it is only confirming that you know what you are doing, remain calm and read the information you are given.
Hopefully someone else will be able to provide more detailed help.

Welcome to the forum.
We do not seem to get many responses on ACA questions and I am afraid I am the wrong side of the border to advise sensibly.
However I assume you have read and noted the Sectt booklet about ACA this provides quite a lot of useful background and preparation.
Other than that your best approach is to think first and then act. If you are ready for the testing then you should not have a problem with it as it is reasonably straight forward it is only confirming that you know what you are doing, remain calm and read the information you are given.
Hopefully someone else will be able to provide more detailed help.
Hi Richard,
Yeah had a look at all that. Its just the test aspect putting me off. Its all stuff i do on a daily basis ( probably with my eyes shut) but its just when you say “test” starts to worry. Just looking for a few opinions from people who have maybe sat it recently to get an idea of expectations. Example: iv been told they provide some sort of flash guard so expect you to use it while testing. This is something iv never seen nevermind used before.

Few years since I sat mine now, but things like they expect you to cover the metal containment with plastic sheets before carrying out testing and the usual wee things they try to trip you up on like handing over the key for your padlock etc.
Supervision, safe isolation and testing were straight forward, the questions are a mix of regs and Scottish building standards, have a look at that in you don't know your way about it already! As I say few years since I sat mine so may have changed since then

Few years since I sat mine now, but things like they expect you to cover the metal containment with plastic sheets before carrying out testing and the usual wee things they try to trip you up on like handing over the key for your padlock etc.
Supervision, safe isolation and testing were straight forward, the questions are a mix of regs and Scottish building standards, have a look at that in you don't know your way about it already! As I say few years since I sat mine so may have changed since then
Cheers mate.

Reply to ACA info and tips wanted. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net