Discuss Accenta Gen4 - Magnetic Contacts Repeat Failure. in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

I wonder if the OP will get back to us?? Let us know how he got on...
Will do. Last couple of days no false alarms with the contact disconnected and cable shorted. Only thing is this intermittent fault is just that and could take alongtime to reoccur. Going to give the cable connection inside the main panel a wiggle next as poster above mentioned dry joints.

Going to give the cable connection inside the main panel a wiggle next as poster above mentioned dry joints.

@SparkyChick post above is about the components on the control panel.

As I posted above, you say you have six wires going to the door contact. Swap the switch wires out with the 2 spare ones. See if that works.

Cheers for the welcome.

The cable is the six core, I did away with the tamper just incase it was that but the panel would have indicated PA. It triggers as if the door has opened. The cable is quite short as it is close to the main panel and I have inspected its entire length it has no damage. I will replace it. To improve my knowledge of using a meter what setting should I use to test each core. Don't laugh, I use the beep test.
Don't you mean tamper fault not PA?

@SparkyChick post above is about the components on the control panel.

As I posted above, you say you have six wires going to the door contact. Swap the switch wires out with the 2 spare ones. See if that works.
Silly me found I had chopped off the other cores for getting a nice neat install all those years ago.
I just got a 100m 8 core reel for a fiver in Maplin. Replaced the cable to the panel and installed the sealed metal heavy duty contacts. Fingers crossed thats the end of the false alarms. I will keep you updated. Thank you for all your replies.

Reply to Accenta Gen4 - Magnetic Contacts Repeat Failure. in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net