Discuss accenta intruder alarm problem in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

sneillyboy

Hi guys hope you can help me

Have just swapped my old alarm panel for a shiny new accenta panel.

Havingcarefully noted all wiring and swapping it from old to new . How disappointed was I when powering up nothing happened except the power LED on the front lit up !!

No tones from the keys , no alarm situation when front panel was removed NOTHING !!

I await your words of wisdom ??

Cheers

So you took a note of the way it was wired and reconnected that way? Did you at any time refer to the manufacturer's wiring diagrams for the new panel?

First things first, ...power panel as it came with factory links and no wires.....this is always done first to prove panel is ok......then install one zone at a time and check....lastly connect bell box wiring. Always fit any panel this way, it saves hunting faults later.

favorite is the back tamper on the ext. sounder. take the wires out of A & T and link out. then try it.

+1 for tamper lock out would be the first thing I would check. It does sen like a tamper fault normally on the accenta.

put link in tamper on the board n try from there.

ok lets do it the long way round.....tamp linked out, bell linked out, and panel tamper spring retained......power up enter 0123....now what happens (sounds & led showing)...??

because A & T are the 0v feed to the bell and the tamper return. if either of the bell tamper switches are open circuit, there's no tamper return, so the panel sees iyt as a tamper fault.

Reply to accenta intruder alarm problem in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net