Discuss Accounts?? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

D

DurhamSparky

now that year end is upon us i want to streamline my accounts system!!1

currently using a spreadsheet and a invoicing software package and collating to form a set of accounts for my accountant!!

looking at integrating it all together into sage instant accounts plus! that way every thing is in one place and i can also keep tabs on my margins on parts etc..!

any body use sage?? and can you all give pro's and cons!!

now that year end is upon us i want to streamline my accounts system!!1

currently using a spreadsheet and a invoicing software package and collating to form a set of accounts for my accountant!!

looking at integrating it all together into sage instant accounts plus! that way every thing is in one place and i can also keep tabs on my margins on parts etc..!

any body use sage?? and can you all give pro's and cons!!

We use Sage Line 50 - which is probably too much for you, but Instant Accounting is pretty good for the smaller business. No major pitfalls, and much better at hand holding than ever.

Sage features here £115 or so, and ISTR available in PC World/Staples too - should do everything you need.

One tip - Staples do "Adams" Sage compatible invoice sheets, etc - much cheaper than Sage genuine, and just as good.

There's a demo company to practice on in it, and a year's web support included too.

They've always been pretty good with us, if we've need anything - they have support for a lot of business things too, not just accounts.

Not familiar with the Sage packages, I'm a Quickbooks man myself.

I lost faith in Quickbooks after they left the UK for a while back in 2008 or so. Either way, it does what it says on the tin - I just like the fact with Sage that it's UK built - unlike Quickbooks, which is American at heart, and can't do double entry properly even now.

Quickbooks has a useful timesheet feature to enter hours worked & other costs to be assigned to a job. Does Sage do anything similar?

I know you can do that on Line 50 easy enough with project costing - not sure about Instant though, but I'm sure it would - it's fairly basic accounting practice for any consulting or professional practice to bill by hours and time used.

Did I have to read that word accounts

My yearly nemesis is fast aproaching the "too late again" time
God, I wish I could get stuck into them, but it just freaks me out, even after 23 years of it

Whatever sytem you have,make sure it has a motivation button

I'm a Quickbooks (Pro) user and find it does everything I need. Took a bit of getting used to, but once set up (templates for estimates and invoices) its so, so, user friendly.

Reply to Accounts?? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock