Discuss Acegoo Wireless Lights Switch in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi all. I was hoping someone may be able to assist with the acegoo switch wiring in a 2 way configuration?

I bought this Acegoo Wireless Lights Switch Kit to replace a light switch that its difficult to access but I have problem with wiring it.
Acegoo Wireless Lights Switch 20181228_194815 - EletriciansForums.net Acegoo Wireless Lights Switch 20181228_145524 - EletriciansForums.net

I've wired white with red(from receiver), L1 with brown, L2 with blue. It didn't worked, the light it is flashing/ flickering.

Can someone please help me with this.

Thanks

Ok. I thought its something easy to do. The neutral that can be used is the black one from the back box?
Anyway, it seems to be too complicated for me :)). I will get an electrician to do it. Thanks

Now I have looked at your pic properly that round unit is not to be fitted at the light switch it goes at the light fitting.
I have deleted my original post.

There are quite a lot of positive reviews for them. The receiver it's quite small and shouldn't be problem to get into the box and blank it and the switch its wireless so you can put it wherever you want.

Does the receiver fit in the switch box?
what are you going to do with the existing switches?
You need a neutral for the unit to work from the existing circuit if the red and black cables running through the box are permanent live and neutral for that lighting circuit then you can use these.

Do you know where the other switch is?

I bought 1 receiver and 2 switches. This should work as a 2 way. I will cancel both switches and used these 2 wireless. The only problem I have now is the fact that I don't have neutral wire at the switch box so probably I will put the receiver in the light fixture canopy

You can lose the two way switching but he is going to need an electrician to find the live in and out, neutral and reconnect as necessary.

You can lose the two way switching but he is going to need an electrician to find the live in and out, neutral and reconnect as necessary.
As my previous post, I think it is most probable that the red and black running through the switch is the supply live and neutral for the lighting circuit that could be joined onto for the receiver. This needs to be confirmed by someone competent ie a qualified electrician.

The red and black going through the box may not be the same circuit. Ie feed for downstairs passing through an upstairs switch.

Can one of the old boys tell me when these colour combination went out of use?

The red and black going through the box may not be the same circuit. Ie feed for downstairs passing through an upstairs switch.

It doesn't look like it is but Octoflex which was a prefabricated system used colours for conductor purpose. So a blue would be a strapper for L1 and L2 and white line output to the light fitting.

definitely pre 1977
It doesn't look like it is but Octoflex which was a prefabricated system used colours for conductor purpose. So a blue would be a strapper for L1 and L2 and white line output to the light fitting.
I remember Aracon prewired conduit that was formed in the shape of T+E never come across Octoflex maybe the O.P. can tell us if it is metal conduit?

Containment appears to differ, the upper entry seems square pvc and the lower is tube, either corroded steel or it could be brown plastic.

Reply to Acegoo Wireless Lights Switch in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock