Discuss Adding Fused Spur in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

geezza

-
Reaction score
Situation.
Garage being converted into office.
No spare ways in CU. RCD protected circuits, 2 x Radial 32A in 4mm T+E, 2 x Ring 32A in 2.5mm.
The garage currently has 1 x 2 gang socket spured from one of the Rings.
The customer requires 3 x 2 Gang sockets in the new office.

My question is can I put in a fused spur in 2.5 T+E from one of the rings to supply the 3 x 2 gang sockets. (The office is only going to have computer equipment and a hover plugged in occasionally.

What's a hover? surely you mean hoover. but actually you mean vacuum.
and as for the rest of it, deffo one for the diy section where the best advice would be get a local competent spark.
that's all from me. Thank you and goodnight :)

What's a hover? surely you mean hoover. but actually you mean vacuum.
and as for the rest of it, deffo one for the diy section where the best advice would be get a local competent spark.
that's all from me. Thank you and goodnight :)

Could mean a Hover lawnmower? Maybe he's put grass in the office not carpet? Daz

or is it to harvest the crop. if he's growing in there he'll need more than a spur off the RFC.

All he had to do was look at Appendix 15 in BS 7671, least I think that's the one, mind you he may not have a current copy, methinks,

All he had to do was look at Appendix 15 in BS 7671, least I think that's the one, mind you he may not have a current copy, methinks,

A 13A fused spur can supply all the sockets in the garage.
I would recommend putting the fcu as close to the switch socket as possible to prevent anyone adding another socket between the fcu and the socket that is being spurred from.

probably got the readers digest DIY "rewire your house" book. my dad got it in the late 70's when he was 65 and 1st fixed his house. i did the 2nd fix.

I worked with this Women once very well educated Husband was a weather Scientist, a real boffin, any way " could I have a look at a socket in the Kitchen? keep getting a tingle, my Husband wired it by reading the DIY Manual" Jesus what a calamaty.

Reply to Adding Fused Spur in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net