Discuss adding more pv panels in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

sherbert

I have a customer who wants to add to his 10kWp system we installed 3 months ago. If I add say 20kWp to give a total of 30kWp how will his feed in tariff be calculated?
Anybody got any ideas?
thanks,

Simon

If his new total installation is one installation and totals over the next tariff band - I think his whole installation drops to the new level at the current rates.

I think they closed off the ability to expand later when they did the original >50kWp cuts last summer.

Regards.

Thought it might be calculated by 10kWp paid at the old <50kWp rate and 20kWp paid at the new <50kWp rate. Otherwise the customer will get less money than he does now with just the 10Kwp. Not sure where to get the answer

I have a customer who wants to add to his 10kWp system we installed 3 months ago. If I add say 20kWp to give a total of 30kWp how will his feed in tariff be calculated?
Anybody got any ideas?
thanks,

Simon

I was led to believe this is a really grey area, but if adding to an existing PV Install, you use the lot, could be different for commercial which this install must be.

If I was you I would consider bringing a new supply onto the premises into another outbuilding and treating it as a separate premise on a "small business park" ??

However should this be feesable and the tariff legal case not be won, this maybe a non starter from the beginning ?

Hadn't thought about a new supply withiin the building. That may be possible. They had asked me to consider a new supply to the field behind for a little solar farm but the new rates make this unattractive hence the consideration of adding to their system which may be ground mount in the field anyway.
thanks

Reply to adding more pv panels in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net