Discuss Adding pendant lights to a ceiling rose in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Keeno38

-
DIY
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a single ceiling rose in my dining room but would like to add 2 more so I have 3 pendant lights hanging down over a dining room table.

Can this be done?

At present I have;
1 cable = 3 core T&E. ( RED/BLUE/YELLOW/EARTH )
1 cable = 2 core T&E ( RED/BLACK/EARTH )

The blue from the 3 core and the black from the 2 core are in same terminal.
The yellow from 3 core and red from 2 core are in same terminal.
The red from the 3 core is in a terminal on its own
The earth's from both are in a terminal.

If this makes sense could you advise on what cable i'd need and to which terminal the new cable would need to be joined to.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I have a single ceiling rose in my dining room but would like to add 2 more so I have 3 pendant lights hanging down over a dining room table.

Can this be done?

At present I have;
1 cable = 3 core T&E. ( RED/BLUE/YELLOW/EARTH )
1 cable = 2 core T&E ( RED/BLACK/EARTH )

The blue from the 3 core and the black from the 2 core are in same terminal.
The yellow from 3 core and red from 2 core are in same terminal.
The red from the 3 core is in a terminal on its own
The earth's from both are in a terminal.

If this makes sense could you advise on what cable i'd need and to which terminal the new cable would need to be joined to.

Thanks in advance
Where is the flex from the lamp holder connected

Thanks for the replies chaps.

Sorry I didn’t make myself very clear.

What I explained is the wires that are coming out of the ceiling with no light attached. The light has been removed for decorating purposes.

In this room I have a light switch with 3 switches that operates;

1 for the light I want to add to
1 for another ceiling light
1 for 2 x wallights.

Hope this makes it clearer?

Run you new cable from the light rose to your next light position and again to the 3rd. Connect the new t-e to (new blue to blue/black terminal on connector block and the new brown to red on its own) the rest should be straightforward.

Unless you want to switch each new pendant individually, in which case new cables would new to be wired to the switch from each new light rose.

Don’t forget to put the connectors back in a choc box

Run you new cable from the light rose to your next light position and again to the 3rd. Connect the new t-e to (new blue to blue/black terminal on connector block and the new brown to red on its own) the rest should be straightforward.

Unless you want to switch each new pendant individually, in which case new cables would new to be wired to the switch from each new light rose.

Don’t forget to put the connectors back in a choc box

That’s a great help. Thank you for your help..

I don’t need them to come on individually, all at the same time is fine..

Much appreciated.

Reply to Adding pendant lights to a ceiling rose in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock