Discuss Adding wet under floor heating to a Y plan in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Top Cat

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi as i am a new guy i can't do a diagram so will have to explain.

Have just done a job for a plumber adding a wet under floor heating system to a Y plan heating system.

I have got a time clock operating a new 2 port Honeywell motorised valve.

When the time clock is calling for heat the valve opens. I have a permanent live on the grey wire and have linked the orange wire to the orange of the existing 3 port Honeywell valve.

This appears to work but am still having a few problems so do not know if it is electrical or plumbing.

Hope i have expained it OK.

Cheers

Hi as i am a new guy i can't do a diagram so will have to explain.

Have just done a job for a plumber adding a wet under floor heating system to a Y plan heating system.

I have got a time clock operating a new 2 port Honeywell motorised valve.

When the time clock is calling for heat the valve opens. I have a permanent live on the grey wire and have linked the orange wire to the orange of the existing 3 port Honeywell valve.

This appears to work but am still having a few problems so do not know if it is electrical or plumbing.

Hope i have expained it OK.

Cheers

So, what problems are you having?

The boiler starts up and pump but under floor heating does not get hot, (although the pipes are hot up to the new motorised valve) it seems to be pumping the wrong way up the return and back down the flow and not through the motorised valve even though it is open. This seems to rectify itself when the main central heatig is turned on.

In that case that's wrong. If the take off for the ufh is after the 3pv then the ufh cannot get any water untill the main heating is on and the 3pv is open on that port.

TBH the system should have been converted to an S plan plus. If the original section really must remain as Y plan, then you need two 2pv's anyway and the take off for the ufh should be before the 3pv with a 2pv to close off feed to the y plan because a 3pv never actually closes off (one port is always open, which port depends on the signals it recieves and what it was doing last).

Reply to Adding wet under floor heating to a Y plan in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock