Discuss Adjustable IP rated downlights in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

leep82

-
Arms
Reaction score
hi all, ive recently completed a loft conversion part of which was a shower room. Originally i fitted 3 x IP65 rated fixed downlights but the customer has since decided they arnt happy with them because of the shadow it creates. The shower room only has a partial flat ceiling the rest slopes with the pitch of the roof. The fittings are in the flat ceiling, one is in the shower cubicle itself and can remain as a fixed downlight however the other two now need to be adjustable so they can be tilted. Can anyone recommend a suitable fitting at a reasonable price

Found these in screwfix not ip65 but both fittings are outside of any zones. Only problem is these dont offer any form of fire rating. Would this be a problem? There is no room above the ceiling and only a shallow void i wouldnt normally fit anything like these but really am working to a budget

Found these in screwfix not ip65 but both fittings are outside of any zones. Only problem is these dont offer any form of fire rating. Would this be a problem? There is no room above the ceiling and only a shallow void i wouldnt normally fit anything like these but really am working to a budget

But are you?

It would appear the client has asked for you to make changes - and changes cost.... put the costs to them and see what they say.

So what did you suggest?

Last time I had this issue, I quoted for the JCC's and the customer went for them..... they previously had a non IP rated light in the shower cubicle that I refused to fix!

So what did you suggest?

Last time I had this issue, I quoted for the JCC's and the customer went for them..... they previously had a non IP rated light in the shower cubicle that I refused to fix!
I wouldnt say i suggested them, certainly not to the customer anyway. I just wanted to gauge peoples opinion on here. Just recieved a text back having given some prices for some of the others suggested on here, to say that they are happy to stick with the fixed downlights originally fitted. The ones that i have since returned and recieved a credit for, talk about hard work!

Leep don't fit what your not comfortable with . 10 spark on this site may not see a problem with them ,but they aren't fitting them . Downlight are the worst always get asked to fit some 10 pack of crap that someone has seen for a fiver . Rather make less and be okay with what am fitting

hi all, ive recently completed a loft conversion part of which was a shower room. Originally i fitted 3 x IP65 rated fixed downlights but the customer has since decided they arnt happy with them because of the shadow it creates. The shower room only has a partial flat ceiling the rest slopes with the pitch of the roof. The fittings are in the flat ceiling, one is in the shower cubicle itself and can remain as a fixed downlight however the other two now need to be adjustable so they can be tilted. Can anyone recommend a suitable fitting at a reasonable price

What IP rating do you require for your down lights?

Reply to Adjustable IP rated downlights in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net