Discuss Advice 1 Wireless Thermostat To Control 2 Receivers in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

mort2376

Having to pick up from where a previous electrician has done a runner on a new build.

Underfloor heating system installed with 2 manifolds 1 upstairs, 1 downstairs.

Previous electrician has put in a cable from the upstairs manifold and pump back to boiler, but has not put one in for the downstairs !

Owner has moved in as plumber has got the system working by putting everything on plug tops and plugging them in !

They have got Honeywell DT92E wireless stats 1 for upstairs one for downstairs. Because there is now no control wire to switch the downstairs manifold pump on and off my question is can you use 2 recievers to 1 wireless stat ?

I know 1 reciever can have multiple stats but can you go the other way round. That way when the downstairs stat calls for heat it switches the boiler call for heat on with 1 reciever and the pump with the other ?

Have tried phoning Honeywell Tech support, but apparently due to a problem they are not taking calls at the moment.

Anyone tried anything similar ?

Haven't tried it with heating so not sure, but would think it would be fine, as with any other transmitters I've used I have had them working more than 1 receiver, it's just giving a signal so if it is programmed to accept it then it should work, will be interested to see if anyone has done it with wireless stats

Having to pick up from where a previous electrician has done a runner on a new build.

Underfloor heating system installed with 2 manifolds 1 upstairs, 1 downstairs.

Previous electrician has put in a cable from the upstairs manifold and pump back to boiler, but has not put one in for the downstairs !

Owner has moved in as plumber has got the system working by putting everything on plug tops and plugging them in !

They have got Honeywell DT92E wireless stats 1 for upstairs one for downstairs. Because there is now no control wire to switch the downstairs manifold pump on and off my question is can you use 2 recievers to 1 wireless stat ?

I know 1 reciever can have multiple stats but can you go the other way round. That way when the downstairs stat calls for heat it switches the boiler call for heat on with 1 reciever and the pump with the other ?

Have tried phoning Honeywell Tech support, but apparently due to a problem they are not taking calls at the moment.

Anyone tried anything similar ?

I might have missed your point here so bare with me a mo.

If there's no wire involved is this just to switch pump on and off ?
I mean, just the pump and not the boiler, so you'd be relying on the heating already being on ?

Valves are in boiler room underfloor manifold is under stairs.

The time clock will turn circuit on and if stat calls for heat it turns on pump at manifold and sends call for heat to boiler. The idea is 2 receivers one to do call for heat near boiler and one located under stairs to operate manifold pump.

As Honeywell were not taking calls today I couldn't ask them if it was possible.

Valves are in boiler room underfloor manifold is under stairs.

The time clock will turn circuit on and if stat calls for heat it turns on pump at manifold and sends call for heat to boiler. The idea is 2 receivers one to do call for heat near boiler and one located under stairs to operate manifold pump.

As Honeywell were not taking calls today I couldn't ask them if it was possible.
Do you need pump overrun?

I might have missed your point here so bare with me a mo.

If there's no wire involved is this just to switch pump on and off ?
I mean, just the pump and not the boiler, so you'd be relying on the heating already being on ?
Sorry. Hijacking thread. Heating already on.presume I'd power and connect to thermostat? Thanks for reply.

Reply to Advice 1 Wireless Thermostat To Control 2 Receivers in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock