Discuss Advice needed for ECS in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

dc7904

Hi all,
I have recently applied for my ecs card and have been told that i dont have the certs i'm meant to have. Namely four components of the 236, I only have two, the 'assignments' and 'installation, commissioning, fault diagnosis'. I have my AM2, 2391, NVQ 2 & 3 and I know I never failed an exam whist doing my apprentiship. I have applied and paid the city and guilds to replace these missing certs but they have kindly sent me the ones I already have, having talked to my previous employer who trained me, the college I studied at, the ecs and city and guilds themselves i'm at a loss as no one can help.
Basically if any one can tell me the exact certificates i should have it'd be a great help as I am starting to believe I have all that I should?
I completed my exams in 1999 -2001 if this helps

just send in your NVQ level 3, 2382 17th edition, 2391 and a copy of your passed CSCSECS and you would be eligible for an approved electricians card. The card will not have the 236 printed on the back but it wouldn't if you had sent a copy of your 236 in any way.

Thank you I will contact the ecs again, they said i'd have to sign a form stating i haven't completed my apprentiship even though I have the JIB 409 completed and signed. It's worrying me as I have gone self employed and need my ecs card asap

I had the same problem mate I was with a training company in the early 90s and they went bust leaving God knows how many apprentices in limbo I sent all my jib apprentice certs in the lot but they wouldn't budge very stubborn is the JIB so I did what leesparkykent has adviced and signed to say apprenticeship not completed I was 2 units short on the part 2 that I know I did but mysteriously city and guilds have no evidence of them it's possible that a claim was not made for the certs, anyway still got JIB approved and have all paper evidence like you to prove that I was on the apprenticeship! Seems a common thing from lads that were at college in the early 90s!

Wayneob, this sounds a lot like what i am going through, if this is a common problem of that time then you would think that ecs/jib would be aware and more leaniant over it all

Wayneob, this sounds a lot like what i am going through, if this is a common problem of that time then you would think that ecs/jib would be aware and more leaniant over it all

Yes you would but the problem is half them in the JIB office ain't got a clue as to the problem as they just work off a tick sheet, it seems all they are interested in these days is the NVQ so I would just send that in the only problem is that you don't have completed apprenticeship on the card, but that don't mean owt as long as it gets you on site then it won't matter!

Yes you would but the problem is half them in the JIB office ain't got a clue as to the problem as they just work off a tick sheet, it seems all they are interested in these days is the NVQ so I would just send that in the only problem is that you don't have completed apprenticeship on the card, but that don't mean owt as long as it gets you on site then it won't matter!
Agreed that's exactly what I would do in the OP's situation.

Been having ongoing issues with the ECS, its an absolute s**t shower! It is costing my business money reapplying for cards because their computer says 'No'.

I've paid the fees, completed the forms and issued all the evidence only for them to issue laborer cards for my engineers who are fully trained sparks, with testing. I myself, having completed 2360, 2301-10 and 2391-20, but am no longer eligible for their standard card because of the dates I carried out my apprenticeship.

We are in danger of having engineers turned away from site by site managers, despite them being competent. The whole system is a farce.

Been having ongoing issues with the ECS, its an absolute s**t shower! It is costing my business money reapplying for cards because their computer says 'No'.

I've paid the fees, completed the forms and issued all the evidence only for them to issue laborer cards for my engineers who are fully trained sparks, with testing. I myself, having completed 2360, 2301-10 and 2391-20, but am no longer eligible for their standard card because of the dates I carried out my apprenticeship.

We are in danger of having engineers turned away from site by site managers, despite them being competent. The whole system is a farce.

It's a nightmare ain't it? There very set in there ways makes you wonder what courses we will all have to go on in the next 10yrs!

Reply to Advice needed for ECS in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net