Discuss Advice needed for non-paying customer in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

I agree but in this instance my car had been clamped and towed away, I had no choice but to pay as my car was in a compound ten miles away.

I went to the car park and took some video and photos and watched as a single guy was clamped whilst sitting in his car, there were two heavy mob clampers who basically demanded money with menace from him.

Maybe I should start a thread in chit chat because I don't want to stray off topic from the OP's non payment problems which seem far more important than my £400.

My thread is here is anyone is interested:
Another clamp at Quality foods in Southall thread - FightBack Forums

Hi.
Ive read this whole thread, and i am very interested in the outcome. I am in a simialar situation at the minute, and would love to know what happened.

Many thanks,

hope it all worked out ok.

(Side cutters are the way forward.)

Hi,
Apologies for the very late reply. After writing to the guy with invoice I was phoned by his wife asking if I would mind meeting them on site one evening. I turned up coffee in hand on arrival, both were very sorry about the situation and asked how they could sort things out. I said that I would require 1st fix labour now and once received I would come back to do 2nd fix. He wanted to get his own 2nd fix materials which I was happy about, and asked what he needed to get,. I also said when finished I would need 2nd fix labour before EIC and Part 'P'. Finished now and paid up to date, except need to go back to wire heating when they're ready for me.

Hi,
Apologies for the very late reply. After writing to the guy with invoice I was phoned by his wife asking if I would mind meeting them on site one evening. I turned up coffee in hand on arrival, both were very sorry about the situation and asked how they could sort things out. I said that I would require 1st fix labour now and once received I would come back to do 2nd fix. He wanted to get his own 2nd fix materials which I was happy about, and asked what he needed to get,. I also said when finished I would need 2nd fix labour before EIC and Part 'P'. Finished now and paid up to date, except need to go back to wire heating when they're ready for me.
Thats good news
I'd happily go around and kneecap non payers if the law would only allow me (which it ruddy well should) although to be honest its not happened to me in years. Builders are definetly the ones to watch out for which is why I barely work for any.

On the subject of car clamping.....
Well parking tickets really....I hope all you guys realise that if you are issued a parking fine by a private company then you dont need to pay it. Round my area they mostly just put 'charge notices' on yer windscreen instead of clamping on the basis that people have more money than sense. I have stacks of letters, final demands, letters from 'soliciters' and 'bailiffs' and 'notices of intended litigation' that Ive collected since discovering this little gem.

The notice of intended litigation is always the last you'll hear from them...they know full well if it goes to court they'll lose.

Reply to Advice needed for non-paying customer in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net