Discuss Advice on Cooker hood fuse access to replace in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Hans

-
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Hope i could get your help and advice please .

I have indesit HGM61X coocker hood and i believe the fuse is blown because of the blown bulb.

The power source connection or the fuse is normally behind the chimny part, and this is my problem.

I cant seem to see any screws to undo to remove the chimney cover to access the fuse on the socket or the control panel .

.........Please see attached photos.........

Please correct if i m wrong and would be most gtreaful if you could advise me on how to resolve this.

Many thanks

Advice on Cooker hood fuse access to replace 1521314794295354171017 - EletriciansForums.net

Advice on Cooker hood fuse access to replace 1521314813867870951789 - EletriciansForums.net

Advice on Cooker hood fuse access to replace 15213148268011685867212 - EletriciansForums.net

Have you looked at the back of the cupboard below and ruled out that it is not there? Maybe you pushed a pan or something back and switched it off???

That is one badly fitted hood, btw...
the trick is to look under the hood...flip off any grey wedges as they will be covering the screws...
drop the main hood then slide the chimney down...
it is very unusual for there to be a fuse on these, unless it is in a FCU or, more often, there is a socket outlet hidden in the flue, with a fused plug...odd, really...why put a socket hidden under a flue, then plug in a hood which funnels the wet steamy clouds over the socket?
but that is Kevin's Way!
I fkn HATE Kevin!!!!!

think murdoch hit nail on head with his post #2.

That is one badly fitted hood, btw...
the trick is to look under the hood...flip off any grey wedges as they will be covering the screws...
drop the main hood then slide the chimney down...
it is very unusual for there to be a fuse on these, unless it is in a FCU or, more often, there is a socket outlet hidden in the flue, with a fused plug...odd, really...why put a socket hidden under a flue, then plug in a hood which funnels the wet steamy clouds over the socket?
but that is Kevin's Way!
I fkn HATE Kevin!!!!!

Totally agree . really bad fitted.

By the way i dont know who Kevin is

I have removed all screws i could see from the hood and still cant take it out .

I could not see any hidden screws behind and gray stuff . Please see morr pictures i attached here .

Advice on Cooker hood fuse access to replace 1521317367114755102855 - EletriciansForums.net

Advice on Cooker hood fuse access to replace 15213175210602042168983 - EletriciansForums.net

It would seem you have no charcoal filters over your motors, which is not a good idea for recirculated air fans such as that.
If you work with a multi tool you should be able to neatly remove coving and put it back after and with a good bit of redecoration no-one will ever know.

cut and patch.
I m not sure if i could do that .Is there any chance of entering from outside of the house ? I mean from extracting kit ?

Or Feed another power cord to it rather than fixing the fuse on the power point behind the chimney ?I am trying to avoid messing up with coving .

It would seem you have no charcoal filters over your motors, which is not a good idea for recirculated air fans such as that.
If you work with a multi tool you should be able to neatly remove coving and put it back after and with a good bit of redecoration no-one will ever know.

Yes nofiliter, but it just going to extract the air to outside , think no big deal ?

Kevin is our nickname for kitchen fitters. like willie wet pants for plumber, jumbo jaws for joiner, bob bodgit for builder, you get the drift?
and your onnly resource is to cut the coving.

Are you able to remove the old one and install new one ? I live in Bexlyheath , Kent ?Or recomment somebody decent enough to install the new one without kevins way ?
A bit far for me.

All the grease and fat from cooking will eventually kill the motor.

Are you able to remove the old one and install new one ? I live in Bexlyheath , Kent ?Or recomment somebody decent enough to install the new one without kevins way ?
Ok customer knows best then, best of luck with that.

There was a question mark after that ... did you not see it? I was not sure and this why i put it. I am here to take some advice and ask further about it , not to take it blindly .No need to make fun of a customer trying to explore his options and have better understanding of stuff . Its like making fun of your customer when he say something you don’t agree with.

It would be much better to correct him as that would be more appreciated.

Many thanks kind wishes

I suspect the coving was fitted after the hood, and the coving is concealing the screws you need to access.

Sorry if this isn't what you want to be told.
Is there no way to access the power source from outside the house ? I mean from the extractor vent , and feed new power cord to it ?

Reply to Advice on Cooker hood fuse access to replace in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock