Discuss Advice on EICR quotes..please. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

F

fraz63

Hi, I,m about to move into a flat I,ve just bought and been advised to get the electrics checked, after a bit of searching on line decided on a EICR which I understand replaces the PIR, however the quotes I,m getting from various companies are all over the place from £65 for 2hours to £185 +vat for 6 hours, this is for a 1 bed flat with livingroom kitchen and bathroom, I,m happy to pay for an accurate report, but these quotes have left me baffled :rolleyes4: do i go for the best quote, or the more expensive ones , my email to all companies was- " Hi could you please quote for an EICR certificate for a 1bed flat " -any advice would be welcome thanks.

If it looks too good to be true....It most probably isn,t

Where in the UK are you?

£185 looks high and no EICR is worth as little as £65 Somewhere in the middle is probably right but still you'd need to be sure what they were actually going to do.

Hi,
I'm happy to help you out (I'm in Glasgow). If you want pm me your details, feel free. I can guarantee you a fair price and a full, accurate report.
Regards.

£20 per circuit plus £10 per room but that is for a full job not a 10% inspection/check only!! Subject to a min cost of £100. There is also a strategy of pricing it low on the basis that 8 times out of 10 their will be remedial work required which generally you can quote for an get ;-)

thanks to all who replied, I,ve been in contact with forum member polo1, who has been very helpful and informative, and he has agreed to carry out the EICR for me at a realistic price,thank you electrcal forum.

From bafflement to peace of mind..result

Reply to Advice on EICR quotes..please. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi Everyone, This is my last question/post for tonight, promise. Please can I ask for a little advice on certificates as I am now questioning...
Replies
Views
Hi all, New homeowner here... hoping it's okay to seek some advice on a quote. I've recently had some wiring done for a new kitchen in a small...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to being a Landlord (wasn't my plan!) Anyway I contacted a company online who arrange for electricians from around the country to...
Replies
Views
I wonder if any electricians can offer some advice? I feel that I may be getting taken for a ride. I rent out a 2 bedroom flat built in 2005 that...
Replies
Views
Hi I need some advice regarding EICR. I have attached the report and some images. It looks like it's mainly C2 with fuseboxes not having any...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock