Discuss Advice on van?.................. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

LewisM

-
Esteemed
Reaction score
My van blew up last week (literally) and I've been looking at a replacement and came across this on eBay its Cat N with what looks like very light damage but because its at the front i was wondering what you guys think? Stay clear? apart from the damage in the pictures below its rather good condition.

VANO.png VANO1.png

It would have to be cheap . Those repairs could be worse than they look .
The pillar could be affected , and it's a door and wing at best , plus the refinishing. As above , forget it.

Have a look on vanmonster for used vans, its part of northgate finance, the vans may have medium to high mileage but they are serviced throughout there lease term every year and have the paperwork, when the lease comes to the end, northgate hand them to the vanmonster retail part of the firm to flog. can usually get some good offers from them.
can get a 14 plate pug partner for £3.8k +vat..

From experience I wouldn't touch a write off whatever degree of damage as they are a pain to sell on, it looks minor damage which you could probably bolt a new wing and door on in the same colour from a donor van if you are that way inclined. I used to buy and do up damaged cars but don't touch them now due to the stigma and very poor resale values.

As Gavin says try "Vanmonster" and take a look at their ex-British Gas vans (mainly, but not all, VW Caddy).
The standard BG van spec. includes racking, LED lighting, air con, heated door mirrors and high security lock on the back doors.
But watch out for the speed limiters (or programming)

If this was me and i needed a van and it came up and it was reeeealy cheap and otherwise in good nick, and you plan on running it into the ground and not resell in the future, id check the A post is still straight and grabit and sling a new door on it its a risk obv

new door my arse. hammer and a bit of filler, coat of blue paint. any decent panel beater can fix that bit of a dent.

CAT N is the replacement to C and D, the A pillar may be bent if its too goo to be true then it is and it would have already been snapped up repaired and punted on.

Reply to Advice on van?.................. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net