Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discuss Advice on Voltage Testers please. in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. RDB85

RDB85 Regular EF Member

I am building up my tool collection, slowly, we have done safe isolation, on our course, so I was looking to buy a Voltage Tester. But I know the Fluke ones have had a recall. But I have seen these two:

Fluke T150 Voltage and Continuity Tester - Edwardes - https://www.edwardes.co.uk/en/products/fluke-t150-voltage-continuity-tester

Megger Electricians Two Pole Voltage Tester - https://www.its.co.uk/pd/TPT320-Megger-Electricians-Two-Pole-Voltage-Tester-_MEGTPT320.htm

They both look very similar but which would you go for? I will also need a proving unit which is here:

Megger Electricians Proving Unit - https://www.its.co.uk/pd/MPU690-Megger-Electricians-Proving-Unit-_MEGMPU690.htm

2. buzzlightyear

buzzlightyear still kicking sand, before pushing up daisies . Electrician's Arms

[​IMG] i have this .good v/tester .

3. Midwest

Midwest Electrician's Arms

I had the di-log ^^^ one. The lead came free from the main body after a year.

Wouldn't worry about the Fluke recall; least they've identified the fault and gone about the recall. I just received my replacement.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. SparkyChick

SparkyChick Making a banana smoothy for my fave gorilla Staff Member Moderator

Business Name:
    SparkyChick
    I have a Fluke T150 (currently at Fluke for the recall) and a T90. They are both great units, but I love the T150. It has been abused and lasted well but did finally succumb to the fault that triggered the recall.

I have a Socket and See proving unit, I found it was cheaper than the likes of Megger etc. but works great.

5. Zdb

Zdb Regular EF Member

Fluke T6-1000

6. Wilko

Wilko Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Wilko Electrics
    On the US currency is written "In God We Trust" and let me just say, this is the one tool that we must trust to always be right.

I have a Kewtech tester and prover - it's been perfect for 3 years, but that Megger does looook verrry nice (can you tell I want one?).

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Respected Member

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    go for the Megger. at least it's not JCB yellow.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Strima

Strima Electrician's Arms

We use them in work, not bad but all the probe tips have gone missing...

• Like Like x 1
  9. BruvDunk

BruvDunk Installation Electrician, Maint Electrician, EC&I

Megger does look nice.
    Always used the flukes and had no issues...

10. RDB85

RDB85 Regular EF Member

The Megger does look nice. I will see what offers there are on the Fluke. What’s the difference between the Fluke models?

11. MDJ

MDJ The Muppet Police Forum Mentor

I personally hate fluke but that is me, I would go with the Meggar myself, JMO.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Powellm

Powellm Regular EF Member

I've got a fluke 117 great bit of kit if you have somewhere to put it ie a bench the amount of times I've had to let it dangle. I'd go for a pen style as they are very easy to read from if you have no croc clips. (Stop stealing by croc clips!!!)

13. RDB85

RDB85 Regular EF Member

I was going to look at a Multimeter but I don’t have the cash for one right now. I thought a voltage indicator would be a great start.

14. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Respected Member

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    i had a fluke T5-1000. on continuity it was less accurate than a piece of wet string.

• Like Like x 1
  15. RDB85

RDB85 Regular EF Member

I’ve decided to go for the Megger. It looks a nice piece of kit. I’m sure it will last many years.

On the subject of Multimeter, are they worth getting or would it be better saving for a MFT?