Discuss Advice please, moving to the UK. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I've never heard of such a preposterous idea in all my life. Why would anyone in their right mind want to come to this country, that has been run into the ground by useless politicians over the last 50 years, riddled with immigrants who have no intention of integrating into society and indeed regard it with contempt, to work for idiot customers who have no respect for training, qualifications or anything else for that matter other than the cheapest price they can get irrespective of the quality. Just let your brain take over control and not your **** and stay put mate, this place is finished for the time being. Not sure what all those poor guys gave their lives up for sometimes............

I've never heard of such a preposterous idea in all my life. Why would anyone in their right mind want to come to this country, that has been run into the ground by useless politicians over the last 50 years, riddled with immigrants who have no intention of integrating into society and indeed regard it with contempt, to work for idiot customers who have no respect for training, qualifications or anything else for that matter other than the cheapest price they can get irrespective of the quality. Just let your brain take over control and not your **** and stay put mate, this place is finished for the time being. Not sure what all those poor guys gave their lives up for sometimes............

And to make your day have you looked at housing costs??

40 years of not building enough homes coupled with the levels of immigration since 2001 have made housing unaffordable for many people.

Murdoch enough houses have been built for normal population but with immigration then it can't cope
Same with council places over 70 percentage of places now go to immigrants so young English couples find it hard to start up

Murdoch enough houses have been built for normal population but with immigration then it can't cope
Same with council places over 70 percentage of places now go to immigrants so young English couples find it hard to start up
Utter nonsense. There has been precious little social housing built in this country since the late 60s/early 70s. This has fueled 2 crises, 1 There is not enough social housing and 2 private landlords charging extortionate rents because demand outstrips supply.
70% of places do not go to immigrants, this is a myth spread by the likes of the BNP and EDL/ My daughter was renting privately and the landlord decided he wanted his flat back. Within 2 weeks she had a council place.

Not dissimilar to what we do/have done for centuries!:thinking:

Both wrong it's a fact in tower hamlets where the population is 65percent ethics
I suppose that's right wing propaganda too .Well tower hamlets is proud to advertise that fact
nearly all housing in barking and Dagenham goes to immigrants as they come to this country with children and the council have to put them to the front of the queue
I can go on

The Tory's have built more social housing than Labour in there times in government
If no immigrants had come to this country then housing would still able to keep up with demand just the housing system would be no where near as bad as it is now

Being part of an ethnic minority does not automatically mean you're an immigrant.
People used to spout all that nonsense in the 50s and 60s about what is now called the Windrush generation, people (mainly black) coming here from Jamaica to do the jobs that no white person wanted to do. No doubt people in other countries used to moan about us going there and taking their countries away from them, we did it an awful lot.
Yes, I'll give you the the areas you mention are predominantly a certain race/religion but how many of them are immigrants and how many can trace their family tree back a good way. The first recorded Muslim in this country was in the 17th century, it's nothing new however the claim that they have to go to the front of the housing queue is preposterous. Social housing is allocated on the basis of need first, perhaps you'd prefer homeless families on the streets with young children.

The Tory's have built more social housing than Labour in there times in government
If no immigrants had come to this country then housing would still able to keep up with demand just the housing system would be no where near as bad as it is now
It was the tories who said that local authorities had to stop building, if immigrants hadn't come here then ,any areas incuding the health service would be deeper in the clarts than they are now. The NHS is dependent on foreign labour. Why we can't train people I have no idea but that's for another discussion.

Both wrong it's a fact in tower hamlets where the population is 65percent ethics
I suppose that's right wing propaganda too .Well tower hamlets is proud to advertise that fact
nearly all housing in barking and Dagenham goes to immigrants as they come to this country with children and the council have to put them to the front of the queue
I can go on
There is no doubt we have a high influx of people coming to the Uk from other EU countries, but to suggest nearly every social housing estate is taken by immigrants and British citizens are treated second regarding access to social housing is total rollocks. Every case is treated as individual.

Regarding the Tories and propaganda, no more needed to be added lol.

Utter rubbish.

There are more people, living longer and the average number per dwelling has dropped - so wake up and smell the coffee.

These are facts also I know many people who work for the council in both borough's and the stories they tell are amazing / disgusting and I have woken up and smelt the coffee unfortunately

So if it wasn't for immigration everything would be fine and dandy? Is that what you're saying?

Hi Trev. This shows how easy it is to blame certain groups of people when things aren't the way we feel they should be. I am not saying it excuses the reference I'm making and won't be entering that debate! :leaving:

So if it wasn't for immigration everything would be fine and dandy? Is that what you're saying?

I'm sure I'm echoing someone higher up in the thread, it's been going on for 100s of years.
It would be a bland country without, plus, I would never have discovered the wonder that is a Vindaloo! :)

No I am not I am just saying that housing has fallen behind because of people coming to this country just housing nothing else
Hmmm maybe the problems with overcrowded schools
And the nhs supposedly being close to collapse

Ps
Also this government is to blame
But the real culprit is Labour !x!

Tony Blair is the greediest and worse prime minister ever hmmm maybe better than pol pot just

Reply to Advice please, moving to the UK. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock