Discuss Advice Please (qualifications) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

FoxyT

-
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I’m new to the forum and just wanted to ask some advice about what qualifications you actually have to have to be able to do small non notifable works legally and if I can sign Minor works certificates at my level.

I currently hold C&G 2365 Level 2 and 3, 17th editon regs and PAT testing.

I have just started the NVQ level 3 and I’m soon to do the 2391 inspection and testing, but the main question is can I do work at my current level ?

Any advice would be much appreciated! Thanks

I am looking into getting that , but first I need to find out if I can legally complete the works etc and sign certs
Yes you can do non-notifiable work (no qualifications are required).
You can also do notifiable work, but it will have to be pre-notified and the Building Control will have to inspect the work, or they will arrange someone else to inspect.
Building Control, may or may not accept your qualifications as being sufficient for no inspections?

Thanks for the help spinlondon I have got the basic inspection and testing you go over on the 2365 level 3 but am doing the proper 2391 in the next few months so fingers crossed all will be good

Are you competent enough to properly test your work yet?

Again just to clarify, I can legally do things like lighting installs in domestics amd sockers etc ... and I can sign minor works and electrical install certs myself

Reply to Advice Please (qualifications) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, I completed my level 2 2365 installation and my level 3 8202 advanced technical diploma in electrical installation and I’m unsure on...
Replies
Views
I am currently going self employed. I was never put through any 18th edition courses, so have booked myself onto my 18th wiring regs. I want...
Replies
Views
NICEIC Certification Scheme Getting accredited to
Looking for some advice regarding joining a CPS. I've been in the electrical industry in various roles for nearly 10 years. I started my...
Replies
Views
Can you buy a sample 5357 Level 3 Electrotechnical Qualification: Learner Training Manual and Workplace Logbook compleded. I have chosen to do the...
Replies
Views
I’m just finishing my L2 2365 at college in the evenings and plan to do the L3 2365 with the same college as an evening course. However I would...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock