Discuss Advice required on PowerRail 303 kWh & kW Meter in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Sirob

I have just replaced the PowerRail 300 with the 303, used existing CT's, 3 phase installation in small work shop. This is the first time that I have completed this type of installation

The Customer states that the reading is higher than expected, CT set to 100 amp. I am a little stumped to why this is occurring, any advice offered gratefully received.

I presume you have to configure the new one for the CTs you are using?

I guess they will accept multiple ratios of CTs like other ammeters.

I wouldn't know what a power rail 303 was if it hit me on the head but a quick look suggests it's like any other configurable ammeter.

Screen shot from the imstructions.

IMG_2419.PNG

Hi thanks for reply
Yes read this and set ct to match nominal primary of current transformer
Which appears to be 100amp as 3phase supply
So as said set up looks right!
Has anyone got any experience with these meters,and ct's ?
Thanks sirob

IMG_0478.JPG

The ring the manufacturer.

How far is it out? Have you a calibrated clamp on you can measure the actual load and use the fine tune facility?

Maybe it correct and the client is wrong. Maybe the old one was never right.

Hi the client is making things difficult by not knowing previous bills
Which I'm abit confused about and as you say not sure if ever worked as it should! Plugged a 3kw bar heater in to check function and the reading on the meter was just slightly over, the difference was nothing really
But I could try fine tuning the ct,s down but is does say use ct primary 100amp, client read meter Monday morning found the unit to have used 8 units and can't work out why readings so high in such a small time fram

Reply to Advice required on PowerRail 303 kWh & kW Meter in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net