Discuss Advice wanted - unhappy with rewire in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Been installing plenty MK Aspect top of the range, flat plate on one job. No problems....but still much prefer the Schneider 'Ultimate' (GET) range.....a bit cheaper, better to work with and better looking, for me. Class stuff.

Hate that stuff with a passion.

It looks cr@p too if the plasterer isn't perfect.

I've measured circuits running computers loads of times, never gets close to the 3.5mA that is suggested per device. We've even got one room (not my work, soon to be moved) with 30 computers on the same rcbo, and I can't ever recall being asked to reset the device. (And yes, the rcbo is functional)

I tend to get MK sockets as a) they offer outboard rockers and b) they have two earth terminals. Only other brand I can remember offering two earth terminals (apart from LAP CRAP) is Crabtree. Used to install Schneider when in the housing game and sure they were only single earth terminals.

Hager and Click do too.
Hager is my first choice , but I like click too.

Hate that stuff with a passion.

It looks cr@p too if the plasterer isn't perfect.
Maybe....but this ain't your 'run of your mill' rewire..
.. on some jobs the plastering HAS to be perfect......and what is specified is installed.

Love Hager boards, never come across their accessories. Click feels a little flimsy for me to be honest.

Yes , the boards are great . Their light switches have a neutral terminal which is handy if you like it neat.
Click sockets are good , so is the cooker switch /socket, but I tend to agree with on their light switches.
Their cooker duel outlets are superb.

I tend to get MK sockets as a) they offer outboard rockers and b) they have two earth terminals. Only other brand I can remember offering two earth terminals (apart from LAP CRAP) is Crabtree. Used to install Schneider when in the housing game and sure they were only single earth terminals.
Schneider/GET Ultimate...…
Advice wanted - unhappy with rewire IMG_1778.JPG - EletriciansForums.net

What, and how much better; name your enemy of choice, we are all friends here :). Quite like the Click Scholmore range, but still think the MK stuff (talking basic white plastic) looks………………………………………………………...nice!
Appearance wise most look similar, even the no brands look near enough the same. Quality wise MK is lacking, it's well over priced pruck.

I use Click.

IMO MK stuff is quite well put together; some of their terminal screws aren't so good and leaning mcb’s. But the rests ok, and they look good.

There's a lot else there thats much worse.
If I was MK I would forget doing consumer units.

There is no need to seperate earth terminals on a Domestic install. You are right Stuey in what you say but lets not take things to the extreme.
This sounds like regurgitated carp from some college lecturer.
Switching PSUs are a slight problem we are all aware DC equipment has a higher earth leakage but how many does the average house have ?
Do you know how this installation is used by looking at a picture ? This install could be a elderly couple house, not a hackers house with multiple USB sockets and PSUs plugged in.
Led lighting is not usually applicable to either as this on the lighting circuit.

Lets not jump in and insult someones work, leave all this rubbish to the Facebook groups ;)
I Did neither. Don't Jump to conclusions,
It appears that most domestic Electricians don't or won't take this into account .
As I stated in my first ( Other post ) .I have recently returned from Australia after working in Industrial , Commercial and marine. Ring circuits are not even allowed in Australia ( NOT final circuits anyway ) .After reading and catching up with the regs ( 18th) , I came across this regulation and others that state shall and recommended .It appears that these regulations are Ignored. To be called dumb is a ridiculous statement as it's a very valid point . To take a back step the easy answer would have been we don't bother to look at that possibility.
Earth leakage is a growing problem as is the related nuisance tripping of RCDs.
I Did not rubbish anyone's work , I even stated sorry if you took it the wrong way .The trouble with the written word , people can and do misunderstand the point !

Reply to Advice wanted - unhappy with rewire in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock