Discuss Aftermarket van locks in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

A tad off topic but just be aware that decent aftermarket locks such as armourshells tend to slightly distort door skins. May be a small price to pay for peace of mind though!

I’ve got lock4vans on my NV200 and I was happy to pay the price for that extra ‘clunk click’ at the end of everyday (and during the day in some parts of Bristol!)

I’ve got lock4vans on my NV200 and I was happy to pay the price for that extra ‘clunk click’ at the end of everyday (and during the day in some parts of Bristol!)

Prevention is better than cure any day of the week, no point in making it easy for them.

I replaced the locks (those that were left at least) on my Nissan Vannette, with the tube key type, to prevent anyone inserting a screwdriver to force the lock.
I then covered the locks with a Stainless Steel plate to prevent people from levering the locks out of the door.
I then removed removed the door pins, so they couldn’t smash the window and unlock the door (interior door handle would not operate if the door was locked).

I had a cage separating the drivers compartment from the load compartment, and a wire grill over the rear window along with some silver film to prevent anyone looking in.

If you have central locking, I would suggest disabling it, as often operating a single lock will cause all to operate.

I replaced the locks (those that were left at least) on my Nissan Vannette, with the tube key type, to prevent anyone inserting a screwdriver to force the lock.
I had a Nissan Vanette which was bought and paid for and sold it to buy a new van, sold it to a mate of mine who still uses it, had only done 18k from new wish I hadn't have sold it:)

i've had 2 vanettes in the past. a 1996 which died from failed immobilizer, and a 2001 which fell apart with rot. both were responsible for me going deaf as a result of sitting virtually on top of a 2.3l diesel lump.

Trouble is that now there are battery angle grinders, the bastards see the heavy duty locks on the van, figure there must be something expensive inside, and get in by angle grinding the roof open!

Trouble is that now there are battery angle grinders, the bastards see the heavy duty locks on the van, figure there must be something expensive inside, and get in by angle grinding the roof open!
But hopefully, all that raucous will wake up a local, off duty, armed response police officer that sleeps with a glock under his pillow who just happens to be not too impress by the rude awakening! Here’s hoping anyway!

Aftermarket van locks B2AF9658-0C9B-4B64-B791-905A8F4862EA - EletriciansForums.net
I then covered the locks with a Stainless Steel plate to prevent people from levering the locks out of the door.
I then removed removed the door pins, so they couldn’t smash the window and unlock the door (interior door handle would not operate if the door was locked).

I had a cage separating the drivers compartment from the load compartment, and a wire grill over the rear window along with some silver film to prevent anyone looking in.

If you have central locking, I would suggest disabling it, as often operating a single lock will cause all to operate.
Did you go all ‘A team’ on it Spin?

Reply to Aftermarket van locks in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock