Discuss Agency Work - Qualifications in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

liam b

Hi, ive recently been made redundant while doing my apprenticeship so havnt finished my NVQ3 or done my AM2, i only have my C&G 2330 level 2&3 with the 17th, has anyone done agency work with just these qualifications? Am i allowed to work through agencys?

im still with JTL and finishing my logbook and putting in for my AM2 so its just for now that i want to go through agencies

cheers for any info

thanks for that Stef, its just technically im not 'time served' but not having any experience with agency work i wasnt sure how fussy they were with having this and not having that etc.

Thanks

A lot of agencies just ask for 17th edition and CSCS card - they don't seem interested in the rest.
I did agency work after my first year of 2330 as a mate, but i think what you're paid is whatever you can negotiate.
I worked with guys who were on £9/£10 per hour and they had no qualifications at all.

im doing agency work now matey, and they want JIB card as a minimum. you cant be graded as electrician unless you got NVQ3 and 17th along with your2330. I can only speak for the agencies i have worked for recently so there may be agencies who are willing to take you on without.

im doing agency work now matey, and they want JIB card as a minimum. you cant be graded as electrician unless you got NVQ3 and 17th along with your2330. I can only speak for the agencies i have worked for recently so there may be agencies who are willing to take you on without.

Most of the ones I've worked for require JIB grading but not all of them. As you say his best bet would be to have a look around and see what their requirements are. And hurry up and get his NVQ done!

Hi Liam,

You might be able to get on as an improver £9/£10 hr.... definately will need JIB as min.

What area are you in... I've got big long list of different agencies, mostly south, south west and southeast

thanks for all the info, seems some agencys do it right and others just want the cash and send anybody, ill give a few more a call today and see hw it goes

thanks again

Reply to Agency Work - Qualifications in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net