Discuss Aico heat alarm in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

F

fredrico

Evening Ladies
Came across a problem today after i had installed some smoke alarms. 2 opticals, 1 in hallway, 1 on landing and heat in the kitchen. When you set the heat off in the kitchen the others dont go off, but when you set any of the opticals off the kitchen heat goes off ???? Anyone had this problem before ?? Cheers. Not sure if its a faulty unit.

Aico heat detectors have a 20 minute pause function, by pressing the test button, so to test you must hold down test button firmly for 10secs, if you release then it goes into pause and you will have to wait 20 minutes again...

Perhaps i was not holding the test button in long enough then, as soon as the heat started sounding i took my finger off the button. Cheers.

The pause feature idea, is to silence nuisance alarms when there is excessive heat in a kitchen, due to steam from cooking etc. Other manufactures call it hush feature.

Reply to Aico heat alarm in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Required asap for price work. No of Workers: 2 Location: Brighton & Hove Description of Work: Installation of 230v operated, radio linked smoke...
Replies
Views
any BS 5839 experts know whether CO alarms should be connected to the smoke/heat alarm system ? after completing an efixx CPD it seems they should...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm having a full house rewire. I want to have mains smoke alarms, heat alarms, carbon alarm next to boiler, internet connectivity to notify...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Requesting your help please! I know this is an old system but has been working amazingly for 7 years! I had an engineer out who done a...
Replies
Views
I'm about to order this wired smoke alarm system as it can network but I just went to see how my existing fire alarms are hooked up and there...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock