Discuss Aico vs FireAngel (and others) in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

I now always install Aico, tried Hispec for a while but with the mounting base costs aswell aico were only a few quid more and look and feel so much more quality.

You could always do what ive seen more than often though and connect the detector with connector blocks and lash it above the ceiling.

there's not much space in the Aico ones to make the connections when interlinking but ones you've connected it up it looks a lot smarter and the unit fixes to the base much easier than others.

there's not much space in the Aico ones to make the connections when interlinking but ones you've connected it up it looks a lot smarter and the unit fixes to the base much easier than others.
I used to fit a metal box or fast fix box when we fitted the square ones with fly leads (Aico) when we started using the round ones carried on as I always found the room tight.

there's not much space in the Aico ones
There's no space in the fire angel things, the connector sticks out from the back of the unit, horrid. Twice recently I've had to fit that rubbish, took ages messing about fitting plasterboard boxes in the ceiling to contain the wiring. I don't ever want to fit any more again.

Someone sat in a warm dry office does the ordering, I just get stuck making it work. If a patress is needed it should be supplied with the unit. Fortunately we normally use Aico, and have done for the last 13+ years. Fitted hundreds of them with no failures.

It's AICO every time for me. Can't say that I find the internal wiring space troublesome with 1.0mm wiring, but it can get a bit tricky when you're wiring two 1.5mm 3-cores, or a 1.5mm twin with a 1.5mm 3-core.

Last edited:

Reply to Aico vs FireAngel (and others) in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net