Discuss Alarm bells in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

Guest125

There is a company south of London who we are bidding against.

There website says that they only employ 'time served' electricians etc...

The person at the top tells everyone that he is a company director since 2006. According to companies House this company has never filed accounts and has been dormant since 2006. So if there is no company how can he keep saying he is a company director?

He also has the following qualifications:

2357, 2382, 2394, 2395, 2396

I would have thought a 2330 would be required also?

The 2357 is a 16 week course on a very well know 're-trainer' website.

Is this right in your eyes or am I looking to much into it?

As I understand it the 2357 was the replacement for the 2330 and 2356.
The 2357 was only introduced in the last 5 years or so which gives an indication of his level of experience.
If the company has been dormant since 2006, that would indicate he's a sole trader, which makes it much easier for every electrician the company employs to be this that and the other.

So the time served quote could be a red herring. Sounds like a chancer pretending to be bigger than he is to me.

So frustrating when you try and compete with others who operate like that.

I certainly wouldn't take it too seriously but most companies do it to some degree, whether it be describing them self as 'we' on their website when it should read 'I', getting a non-geographic phone number routed to their house and getting their missus to answer the phone as if she worked in a national call centre, or giving agency workers a hi-viz with the company name on the back.

I can understand that but company director is a bit much. And to lie about their experience is damn right misleading. Less than 5 years as an electrician.

So thats a yes then!

Well maybe a little white porky here and there. Who doesn't? But never to build a whole company around it. I was a bedroom office warrior for 2 years and proud of it. My first 'office' was in the corner of my Mum's lounge. I never lied about my qualifications or my experience. Never.

So the time served quote could be a red herring. Sounds like a chancer pretending to be bigger than he is to me.

So frustrating when you try and compete with others who operate like that.

I can understand that but company director is a bit much. And to lie about their experience is damn right misleading. Less than 5 years as an electrician.

What would you know?

Not to that extent no.

Attachments

• kettle.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 183
I think you have just sealed your fate on this forum!

Reply to Alarm bells in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net