Discuss Alarm light with more lumens? in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Wilko

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi - Customer has asked me to increase the light output from the warning flashing lamps in her alarm sounder. I haven't written down the alarm type (dohhh) but was wondering if there are any standalone units? I'll be back there Sat. to fix some other lights and I'll take some snaps, but any helpful suggestions welcomed :)

I've never needed to do this but maybes a phone call to the alarm manufacturers or checking out their website for added accessories
Do you mean the bell box?

stand alone strobe.
shopping

Apologies in advance, I don't know much about the practicality of alarms - but basically the bell box has a little left right blinker inside, telling the bipedal rats the alarm is active (or some such). This one is sooo dim it's invisible during daylight and just visible at night. Its ticking all the time, rather than the high power blue flasher that indicates alarm has tripped.

ah i see. you could fit some brighter LEDs or replace the whole sounder with one that has already got brighter ones.

I like the idea of replacing the unit and I'll look closer on Sat. I'm worried as I'm pretty sure the owner won't have the code that's needed to make changes to their alarm...

I like the idea of replacing the unit and I'll look closer on Sat. I'm worried as I'm pretty sure the owner won't have the code that's needed to make changes to their alarm...
she'll have the user code.

Which won't be enough will it?
should be. open panel. enter code to silence tamper alarm. climb up to ext. siren and remove cover. diss. battery to silence if necessary. what i do then is to snip the +12v close to the terminal. this prevents a short from blowing a fuse in the panel. then snip. all the other connections, leaving some colour in the termials so you know which is what. then fit new siren, leaving the +12v till last.

should be. open panel. enter code to silence tamper alarm. climb up to ext. siren and remove cover. diss. battery to silence if necessary. what i do then is to snip the +12v close to the terminal. this prevents a short from blowing a fuse in the panel. then snip. all the other connections, leaving some colour in the termials so you know which is what. then fit new siren, leaving the +12v till last.
and crow bar to get the screws out if rusty & head defenders has well.

Thanks guys - I've not worked on alarms and the little experience I had was not good. I changed out a dead motion detector in a room and the alarm went into some fault condition and would not set again until the engineers code was input. That cost me a £40 telephone support call to the security company -I've kept my distance since.

Thanks guys - I've not worked on alarms and the little experience I had was not good. I changed out a dead motion detector in a room and the alarm went into some fault condition and would not set again until the engineers code was input. That cost me a £40 telephone support call to the security company -I've kept my distance since.
that's when naughty national companies programme the panel for engineer reset, just to squeeze more money out of the job. i'll mention no names, but one of the worst offenders is a 3 letter company name that starts at the beginning of the alphabet.

Texecom odyssey x series have quite bright leds. Quite a wide range of options such as colours and shapes. You can also get branding covers for the front but if this is just a one off job, probably not worth the cost for those.

that's when naughty national companies programme the panel for engineer reset, just to squeeze more money out of the job. i'll mention no names, but one of the worst offenders is a 3 letter company name that starts at the beginning of the alphabet.
I've been back and fixed the security lights yesterday. Thankfully the rain held off and all the faults were readily resolved without new cables required. And the new pliers got a workout :) .
Turns out the alarm is from That company, so I've left it with the owners to chat with Them. Thank you @telectrix !

I've been back and fixed the security lights yesterday. Thankfully the rain held off and all the faults were readily resolved without new cables required. And the new pliers got a workout :) .
Turns out the alarm is from That company, so I've left it with the owners to chat with Them. Thank you @telectrix !
That would be( Alf a Days Training )I guess

Reply to Alarm light with more lumens? in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net