Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discuss Alarm Recessed Ceiling PIR Detector in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. DAVE73

DAVE73 New EF Member

Hi

I am installing a Pyronix Euro 46 V10 Hybrid Alarm Panel. I want to use wired ceiling pir detectors with it. Pyronix do a flush mounted one, however I am looking for a recessed ceiling pir detector to install. Does anyone know of any I can use.

Thanks

Dave

2. SparkyChick

SparkyChick Making a banana smoothy for my fave gorilla Staff Member Moderator

Business Name:
    SparkyChick
    Hi Dave, welcome to the forums.

Theoretically any PIR that has alarm and tamper contacts and runs off 12v.

I've never done it, but the wiring diagrams are on page 15 of the installation manual.

3. DAVE73

DAVE73 New EF Member

Hi SparkyChick

Thanks for the quick reply. The only recessed pir sensors I have found on the net relate to an occupancy switch for controlling lighting and ventilation.

Cheers

Dave

4. SparkyChick

SparkyChick Making a banana smoothy for my fave gorilla Staff Member Moderator

Business Name:
    SparkyChick
    When I went looking for you last night, fully recessed alarm PIRs do look a bit thin on the ground as all I found were as you say occupancy type sensors.

I don't do that much with security systems, so maybe one of the guys who knows a bit more will pop along with an answer.

5. Spoon

Spoon Forum Mentor

At a push, you don't really need a Tamper signal. Just a switch to activate the alarm.
    I'll have a look as well...

6. Spoon

Spoon Forum Mentor

Deleted as I'm an idiot and you are looking for a recessed pir and not a flush pir.... Yes, a muppet moment....

7. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Respected Member

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    you could maybe use an occupancy sensor to energise a relay (N/C pair of contacts) . you would of course lose the tamper , but could have the cable on tamper loop .

• Like Like x 1
  8. Spoon

Spoon Forum Mentor

IMO not everything has to have a tamper wire. A mate was having a problem with a PIR. No feed to it. Somewhere the wire was normally open. I told him we could replace the wire or fudge it. He didn't want to replace the wire so I used one of the tamper wires for the bust feed wire.
    I worked on the principle that if someone had actually got into his house and into that room where the PIR detector was, bypassing the other PIRs, then he's buggered for anyway.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. DAVE73

DAVE73 New EF Member

Thanks for all the replys. Yes I could do with out the tamper. I will look at the relay option. Thanks Dave