Discuss Alarm sounds when deactivated in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Don't normally deal with alarms but a customer has asked me for advice and consequently I come here!

Old system (circ 1980s) occasionally alarm goes off during the day when its been de-activated, type in their code and it stops and everything OK until the next time. Happening more regularly.

New battery required?

Hi,
Mine sounds when landing light is turned on and then stops when it is turned off. All other room lights do not affect the alarm. Baffled why I get this affect with only one of the upstaris lights as it appears to rule out any voltage drop that might be sensed by the alarm unit. System is an old wired installation.

Grateful for any ideas please.

Hi,
Mine sounds when landing light is turned on and then stops when it is turned off. All other room lights do not affect the alarm. Baffled why I get this affect with only one of the upstaris lights as it appears to rule out any voltage drop that might be sensed by the alarm unit. System is an old wired installation.

Grateful for any ideas please.
arcing in the light switch or fitting could cause this. check all connections relative to the landing light and if necessary, replace the switches ( i assume it's 2 way ).

Reply to Alarm sounds when deactivated in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Daughter has bought a house and it has a home security system, G-Tag setup. Issue is the alarm panel displays are pixelated and you cant see...
Replies
Views
Hello. Wondering if someone could give me some advice on my Veritas alarm. I recently had an extended power cut, when the power was...
Replies
Views
Please advise what I should test / check next. My usual qualified electrician who did all of the work here is in Ireland for 4 weeks and not...
Replies
Views
My burglar alarm went off last night when it wasn't even set. When I went to Keypad it was showing TAMPER with a Red light. I could not silence it...
Replies
Views
Hello All Can I say to start with I am not an electrician but used to be a heating engineer (yes I can hear the groans). I have wired the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock