Discuss alarm telecommunicator in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

W

Walsh30303

hi, sorry i know this isnt in alarms, but it wont let me post in there,

im after a telecommunicator for an accenta g4 alarm panel, cant seem to find one and im wondering if they have another name, any help guys?

I buy lots of stuff with Asda and Tesco on the packet but they didn't manufacture it so newey's buy in honeywell accenta panel and stick a newlec sticker on it or have it printed with their name

In fact most security equipment manufacturers will put any company branding on their equipment if you buy sufficiently large quantities

Well funny the one I bought and fitted last week is

are you talking about any one of these panels and keypads?
Newlec 8 Zone alarm panel
Keypad

If so they are manufactured by Honeywell and re-branded as Newlec.
If i remember correctly the panel was originally designed and manufactured by Ademco Microtec, who were bought out by Honeywell a very very long time ago.

Most fire and security manufacturer's will re-brand any product as your own if you order the right quantity.
A classic example is fire alarm panels. Chubb's fire alarm panel known as the Chub zone master is a re-branded Morley panel. Likewise Hochiki's own panel is a re-branded and slightly diffidently laid out Advanced Electronics panel, and lets not even get into non addressable panels and electrical wholesalers... :wink_smile:

As for speech dialler, I would go for the menvier range over the competition.

Accenta was made by ADE in Liverpool, only one of 2 to produce there products totally in the uk, Honeywell then baught them out in the late 90`s. ADE was started from a small shop in Aintree with 3 of use working for one guy in the early 80`s to become a £4m sell out to Honeywell......Just a little bit of history for you

I take back my last comment! :)
You're right it was ADE, it all comes flooding back to me now. I remember installing an Optima many years ago with ADE on the box.
Ademco Microtec were the manufacturers of the Galaxy range. (that's what i had in mind)

Thanks for the history lesson, everyday is a school day...
Whats your role with Honeywell now days?

LOL...worked with ADE, A1 and KJ Bentlys, all alarm manufactures, used to design pcbs in R&D, great buch of lads still all in touch, now own fire alarm company in Surrey, still do the ocsional design when helping out.

Ah fair play to you. :) I must admit the R&D bit sounds fun!
Good on you with the company, Nice to know there is someone else in the same shoes! :wink_smile:

Reply to alarm telecommunicator in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net