Discuss alarmssssss in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

i=p/u

-
Arms
Reaction score
interlogix im trying to work out at moment they have packk of 4k7 resistors looks real technical.... these will be linked to videphones aswell

anyway we were asked to pull the cables for these alarms its came now where ive staqrted fitting out, well im mounting everything but im sure they will say do you know how to connect these up, which i dont, but id like a little info

these alarm panels dont look like standard ones with zones and the like, any expierience that you feel you can pass on would be grratly appreciated.. or anay beginner tips to keep me on this job could help

what type of alarm is it, fire or intruder.

depends on the pirs etc,ifyou have one pack of 4k7's only it may be 4k7 shunt and 4k7 eol,but depending what detection you are fitting they may have the resistors built in and you use the jumpers to set your res to the panel

if it's intruder alarm, the zones are 2 wire ( not including power supplies to PIRs etc.). you will have 1 leg to one side of the contact with a 4.7K in parallel, then through the other 4.7K in series with the tamper switch then to the return leg.

I worked on some a few years ago that were for high security jobs originally and they had a resistor that went between the zone loop and tamper loop at the detector end, this was to do with preventing someone linking a zone out I believe but no doubt someone else will know more.

yes intruder alarms with an lcd keypad with dip switches and me q blue sensors, window contacts and a sounder(16 ohm/12W)... which is all powered from the pannel...

i have taken a the data sheets from the boxes and a avisory advanced support library, will this cd be of any use to me as beginner, hope aenserd most qs there

normally closed, 2cores from aux too + -, 2 cores from zone to n / c, 2 cores from tamper to t t, im sure hel give drawing of all colours to connect but just interested

Reply to alarmssssss in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net