Discuss Alternative zs testing in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

soulman

-
Arms
Reaction score
Hi, Can someone point me to Sinatra's explanation of fast loop testing with rcd's. Measuring zs at the board & linking out at the extremity of the circuit

Cheers

I am not sure where that post is located now but the procedure is straightforward.
Alternative Zs Test:
Safely isolate the installation.
Have main switch off, all MCBs off and all RCDs off.
Link line and cpc at the furthest point on circuit.
Use a two lead high current earth fault loop impedance tester.
One probe goes on the outgoing side of the MCB of the circuit that you have linked out (and so is connected to earth via the line).
The other probe goes on the incoming line conductor of the main switch, which will be live.
Measure the Zs and record.
You can also switch on the MCB and then place your probe on the outgoing line of the RCD, this will include the MCB in the test.
High current Zs test with RCD.jpg

Visio is also handy for quick sketches and you might be lucky and have it bundled with your Microsoft Office disk if you've got one of the higher end Office versions like Pro or Premium

Reply to Alternative zs testing in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have been asked to provide a quote for a supply to an toilet block on a campsite. The three phase supply to the campsite is approx. 150m from...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I'm new to Amtech/Trimble and I've been asked to review a model. I'm looking at circuits that are SWA cables using the armour and an...
Replies
Views
I just finished a garden room supply. The customer already had a CPN garage consumer unit that the last sparks left there, brand new in box, and...
Replies
Views
Hi All New to this forum, have read the posts on here from google but only recently signed up. I'm having some issues and some input would be...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I wonder if I can get some opinion on my deliberations on an old TPN installation with numerous 1P sub-boards wired up with 16mm T&E...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock