Discuss Am confused. has he 2391 closed for regestration in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

kat201

has the 2391 been closed for registration and which one do you do 2394 or 2395?? i have the 17th edition . where do you do the 2394/2395 in the midlands/east anglia? or is it worth doing anyway?

City and Guilds are not the best at keeping to what they say.
however others may be able to give better information but as far as I am aware the 2391-10 is now closed to new registrations, which means that if you have not already started it you cannot start it but if you are currently doing the course then you can finish it.

The 2391-10 covered both initial and periodic testing of installations (I would say with the emphasis on periodic)
(2392 covered fundamental and initial verification)

The C&G line is that the 2391-10 is being replaced with the 2394-01 initial verification and the 2395-01 periodic inspection and certification.

If you feel you need the 2391 and want an equivalent then you would now need to do both 2394 and 2395. Not sure where in midlands you can do this.
Employers will take longer to get on the ball and will still ask for 2391 for some time to come.

This document from C&G may help define this.

Don't know how it will work but was talking to my boys college lecturer and as they have been told you have to pass them in order to gain the equivalent of 2391 having a third one to make the set.(4,5,6) Not sure when it starts from though. Don't think it would be a bad thing as would stop people rushing though.

2394 and 95 over lap each other section.a is a multi choise on.c.and g online so.if you did.94 online.you don't 95 section a on 95. As thy over lap.

I'm on 2391 atm.just sat exam.and booles re sit just incase only place still.runing it.is.niceci.at luton.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Hi mate no you dont have to do the 2392 if thats what you meant if you have 2391 2392 is like a LV2 i think like a lead upto 2391

But dont think this matters now as they are all changing to the newer quals not sure if 2392 is being replaced or not but the rest are

Don't know how it will work but was talking to my boys college lecturer and as they have been told you have to pass them in order to gain the equivalent of 2391 having a third one to make the set.(4,5,6) Not sure when it starts from though. Don't think it would be a bad thing as would stop people rushing though.

and it will cost 3 times as much to complete compared to the one exam with the 2391 if thats the case

The 2396 part is Design, which is more akin to the old 2391-20 (and 2400 before) although it is now Level 4. So that is not required for equivalency to 2391-10 - only the 2394 and 2395.

Cool worset bit is watibf the resulfs got.wate till the 12th of October but booked a re sit just in case

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Reply to Am confused. has he 2391 closed for regestration in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net