Discuss Am I going mad? Another pricing question. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

na na its fine , i am a little inexperienced to be honest hence why i will be refering to the osg and 17th regs but i want to get it right , i dont want anything coming back on me because they didnt want to shell out to have it rewired, there are going to be questions i will be needing to ask and hopefully can get the support from you guys :D

Not that long this is my first major job to be honest, the guy im working with want to do everything as cheap as chips so it seems, which does tend to be annoying because they have no regards for the regs, for example the fuse board upgrade will mean i have the space to put kitchen and sockets on their own mcb, so they are 2 seperate circuits at the mo but on one MCB?but they dont want to know about all that they just want it to work, and in regards to doing a cert i will have to pass it off as unsatisfactory due to thiswhy? because they are not seperate circuits? and if the wiring is as old as the fuse board you can guarantee when testing it will be crap not necessarily, also on visual the bonding on gas and water was only like 6mm as long as it is there and tests ok this can be left the whole installation looks really old & i dont want them to think im ripping them off by recomending rewires ?? any advice
change fuseboard leave circuits as is, test insect, note any limitations and variations on cert.

oh and also in regards to 10mm t & e its atleast 50 quid so thats why ive said that price and he supplies materials if i had to supply material id have said about £300 but again taking into account wether id be messing around with floor board and what not, as far as im aware the current shower is being spured from a different circuit which is new to me as i didnt think it would even work, i mean even 6mm cable in the osg cannot support a shower if i remember right

6mm cable could support an electric shower dependant on the rating of it in KW, if the existing shower is off of a spur it is probably a power shower not an electric shower, a power shower is just a pump there is still a hot and cold water supply to it, therefore the pump pulls around 1 amp, an electric shower has only a cold water feed and has a heating element which is what makes it anything from 7KW to 10KW

Reply to Am I going mad? Another pricing question. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock