Discuss AM2 exam in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

J

joe1993

hi all
Ive got my am2 exam 5th december and was wondeding if anyone could offer any notes or a outlook on the exam do you get wiring diagrams for everythink you do or only the heating system? Also do you get told what size breakers to use?
Thanks
Joe

You get a heating system diagram, everything else you need to know how to wire up.

If you look in the spec it should specify what breakers you need to use.

I advise that you take the PRE AM2 as it gives you a great insight as to what's in the exam and how the days will be.

You get a heating system diagram, everything else you need to know how to wire up.

If you look in the spec it should specify what breakers you need to use.

I advise that you take the PRE AM2 as it gives you a great insight as to what's in the exam and how the days will be.
Okay thanks what about the lighting because i no were going to be using twin and earth but how do you know wether they want it 2 plated or 3 plated? Also how in depth is the testing for example the tick of sheet does this need to be 100%? And for the supply charatistics is this done for you or do you haveto go look?

For the lighting, 2 plate, as shown in the diagram.

AM2 exam {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Testing is very in depth, you get marks for each box on the test sheet. For example, if you tick 3 phase supply you get a mark.
If you cross bonding to oil tank you get a mark as there is no oil tank. No one knows the pass mark.

You have to "find" the supply characteristics, trust me when I say you won't have to look hard for them.

Hope this helps

For the lighting, 2 plate, as shown in the diagram.

AM2 exam {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Testing is very in depth, you get marks for each box on the test sheet. For example, if you tick 3 phase supply you get a mark.
If you cross bonding to oil tank you get a mark as there is no oil tank. No one knows the pass mark.

You have to "find" the supply characteristics, trust me when I say you won't have to look hard for them.

Hope this helps
Thats great thankyou for your help dont spose you have any filled out tick off sheets the way they would look in the AM2? also any other information you have that would help me would be great.
Thanks again

Thankyou i have booked the 1 day pre am2 so hopefully this will help alot i do know how to do the things there asking for but its just making sure its done in the way that they want it. Do you know much about the motor circuit is it true we need to set the thermal overload on it as 1 of my friends said you dont haveto but ive read on here people saying you do?

I took mine back in February (adult route) found the overall exam quite easy to be honest, I'm not saying you don't need to look through your notes/books from college/night school days but the pre test was a absolute god send and in a roundabout way they more or less tell you without actually telling you what the exam will entail.

Not going to lie the fault finding is hard 7 faults on a copy of the installation you will have carried out and you MUST obtain 5 of the 7, a few of the lads on my exam day 3 of the 6 really couldn't get there head around the testing and didn't even complete it, but remember any section you pass you don't have to take again if you have issues with other sections of the exam.

All I will say is isolation procedure can be the making or breaking of this exam so make sure you have that nailed to a tee.

Good luck

Madness I took mine nearly 19 years ago and I was worrying like you over thinking things. When you get in there it will just happen naturally. At least you haven't got to put up all the containment like we did! But good luck.
Yes we used to have to pop rivert the galv trunking bends........
Never done it since all manufactured bends

Reply to AM2 exam in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock