Discuss Am2 IR test failed on the global test in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
hi all,

Failed my AM2 on IR test.
Just a query do you have to remove both the nuetral and the cpc fly lead from RCBO when doing a global test? I did this but I did not put the cpc from the ring final in to the MET bar. I tested the ring circuit, motor and strappers separately. That’s the only thing I didn’t do. Would this be a fail?

my understanding of the fly leads on rcbos is that the fly lead should be removed prior to a IR test unless the manufacturers paperwork that come with them say its okay to do with it connected. Having said that I have oftne tested with it connected with no noticeable impact. In a exam though its by the book. Some of the newer rcbos no longer have the fly lead.

Yeah, I removed the fly leads completely. I just missed putting the cpc from the disconnected ring final from the RCBO. Like I say the only thing I can think I didn’t do. Silly thing to miss and fail on. Get it the next time

Why would you disconnect the cpc any way that is not connected into the rcbo just take out the line and neutrals and remove fly leads and sorted i would say.

It is stated all cpc need to be connected when testing ir so dont remove any cpc at all

Reply to Am2 IR test failed on the global test in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello, I’ve got my AM2S coming up and I’ve been revising like mad but I’m stuck on something. I’ve read that it’s a 3 phase board with just...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I saw in the hospital every circuit has 2 separate cpc, same size, sometimes different. I'm wondering. How we can do the dead...
Replies
Views
Finished my AM2 the other day, pretty confident with most of it except the testing. When I done my live polarity, Ze and PFC tests for some odd...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm a little confused confused is someone can shine some light on the amendment 2 way of doing IR. I know you have to do one 1st fix at 500V...
Replies
Views
Hi All Happy new year to all! First post but long timer lurker, so thanks for all the previous help! Just wanted to clarify something I have...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock