Discuss Am2 Issues...Maybe?? Helpppp in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

piperm

Ok im doing my am2 as u all probably know, i finished my 10 hour composite test today.. i've just missed out on a few times and i wonder
if i get picked up on it ..

Firstly i didnt label the cables in the contator/isolate box for the motor circuit.

Secondly i missed labelling the circuit numbers of the pyro in the DB board even though i've done the other circuits

I didnt get chance to wire the commando socket or do the bond to the water pipe as i ran out of time but i wont get marked down much for this will i??

I didnt put black tape round the switch wire cables in the lighting circuit but i might be able to get away with doing that whilst testing but if not will i get marked down?

I havent thought of anymore at the minte but if i do i'll list them in abit.

Cheers for all the assistance on this thread :-(

Last edited by a moderator:
When i done mine i was told that missing any of the bonding be it to the water pipe, gas pipe, tray work, trunking or the trunking lid was a big point loser im affraid. i didnt label the whole motor circuit and was told that that was not a real point loser.

Hello I am yet to do my Am2 and have been reading up on it because I would like to do it soon. I don't understand why you would put black tape round the switch wire cables. Also do you have to label up all the cables?? What would you use to do this? Thanks

well i got my results and i passed,

I didnt wire the commando socket from the isolator, bond the tray or any trunking or the gas pipe even though i bonded to the water pipe, i jus ran out of time (very last job) i didnt put circuit numbers on any cables apart from in the db board, and i crossed a common and switch wires in one of the switches.

Oh and i failed to rectify one of the fault rectification tasks

so Either my examies were extremely relaxed or thats the minimum u require

Hello I am yet to do my Am2 and have been reading up on it because I would like to do it soon. I don't understand why you would put black tape round the switch wire cables. Also do you have to label up all the cables?? What would you use to do this? Thanks

Labelling the circuits with there circuit numbers.. its basically for future identification thats the aim of the task anyway

Last edited by a moderator:
when wiring the pyro into the isolator for the 3ph & E socket outlet, what cable do you use from the isolator to the socket it self. Hope it don't seem a silly question lol.

and what are the conduit measurements if you can remember anyone!

Stu

Reply to Am2 Issues...Maybe?? Helpppp in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net