Discuss Am2 next week. Any advice? in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all,

Been posting on here quite a bit the last couple of weeks, been really helpful and good advice.
I am sitting my am2 next week. Just wondering if any one has any advice? What to expect from fault finding etc. Thanks

I would suggest you get plenty of sleep before the big day, have some breakfast, drink plenty of water, get you brain working, be confident on the day, you have been trained for this, don't forget to test your voltage indicators before and after testing your work, don't rush, take the time you need within the time limit, and good luck fella.

I keep going over and over everything. It’s all there. Just hope the pressure of the exam conditions doesn’t cloud my thinking and I make a stupid mistake!!.
I think your correct good nights kip and a straight head. Thanks again for the advice

Read all the other threads that have been started about the AM2 recently... :rolleyes::D

Same thing I said to everyone else, read the list and drawing very carefully as ALL the information you need is given to you, do not panic just stay calm and do what you know how do to and you'll be fine. It isn't so bad, it's just like work but under test conditions

Good advice, much appreciated!
One more thing. Is it best practice in the test to to leave the earth cpcs connected when doing a continuity test. E.g. when testing from the DOL to the motor, or so they prefer to remove the cores? For example I would link out say l1 and earth at the motor ( they give you a fake motor with plug in terminals to test from). Then I would put my probes to l1 and earth in the dol, without removing the earth?? If that makes sense?

When you are doing your continuity test on the ring final, remember to do the (R1 + Rn) and write the reading down somewhere on the schedule of tests form. Also, remember to put sleeving on the conductors where required.

Jay

Reply to Am2 next week. Any advice? in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net