Discuss Am2 pass / fail in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

Tonydnb

Hi I completed my am2 this morning and just wanted some opinions on wether I passed of failed the mistakes i no I made are listed below

i removed the earth probe before the neutral on one part of my safeisolation
i did a wrong calculation on my regs form for zs all others I measured correctly
I may have not competed by shedule of inspections 100% right I would say 90%
On my faults I found them all but on one description I did not state that it was on open cicuit on the water bonding i just said I had no continuity all other descriptions where okay I think

thanks

hard to say, given what you said you should be ok. they might not like that you got the zs calc wrong as it is pretty basic though, i would have passes with flying colours and finished it before the end of the second day but i had wired the lights which were in conduit in singles when their spec said twin and earth, felt really stupid but had just seen the 2 lads next to me were doing it singles and not thought about it (should have known better since neither knew how to wire a 2w light circuit and went on to fail every section) needless to say i resat the practical which took me less than a day so not so bad

There is an alllowance for some mistakes, i mixed up a pair on the cat 5 section and passed.
I also forgot to do the functional test on rcd (press button) and passed inspect & test section.

I also know a boy and his heating system didn't work and he passed.

It is done now no point worrying about it.

Hi I completed my am2 this morning and just wanted some opinions on wether I passed of failed the mistakes i no I made are listed below

i removed the earth probe before the neutral on one part of my safeisolation
i did a wrong calculation on my regs form for zs all others I measured correctly
I may have not competed by shedule of inspections 100% right I would say 90%
On my faults I found them all but on one description I did not state that it was on open cicuit on the water bonding i just said I had no continuity all other descriptions where okay I think

thanks

In bold........you will not fail for this...best practice to take lead of earth last BUT not part of the safe isolation procedure.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Am2 pass / fail in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net