Discuss AM2 Result! WOW!!! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

well done champ... whats involved in doing the AM2 exactly.. im not quite there yet.. It would be good to have some insight on the matter..

congrats once again.

The main thing is not to pannic! I Did and if you think youve done anything wrong don't worry about that! Just move on an forget about it and go back to it at a later date, just because if not you'll be forever going back on yourself checking everything. I nearly ran out of time. Through pannicing and worrying had i done this and that. Keep Relaxed and you'll be fine.

You have to wire a 2 way intermidate lighting circuit, with neutrals at the switches and 1 cabled to the light thats important failing to do that may result in you failing the install.

The ring is done in 2.5mm single for the lives and 1.5mm for the earth 1 leg has to go to the last socket from the consumer unit and from that point a spur to the water proof socket.

Then you have to wire and co2 detector in fp200 very straight forward

wire 2 data points and put the cable in the correct part of the dado top or bottem and use a bridge where nesserciry

TP+N socket in 2.5mm swa verystraight forward do this 1st

DOL Motor circuit using sy cable do this 2nd and theyre the most time consuming parts

then leave the heating to the end thats wiring by numbers very straight forward.

testing easy enough if you know what your doing

Fault finding is easy ish plenty of time

safe isolation is again easy as is the risk assesments you need to fill out

online exam can be any thing youve learnt in your apprenticeship might be worth doing some reading up on motors and extra low voltage systems and knowing how to use the books provided.

Congrats mate.

FYI a mate of mine failed his AM2 as he forgot to install the safety electrical connection labels to the bonding clamps for the gas & water services, so be methodical.

when testing remember to disconnect the main earth and then reconnect when getting your pfc. THe best way is to do the SWA and Sy cables 1st because if not you'll be thinking i gotta do those next as the other guys said to me they wished they'd done things in my order. do them and then follow the book in the order and you cant go wrong.

Hi Mate, I Just done mine, I'm sure it's a fail on the certificate. Any idea how strict they are in that front I mean you must of got yours 100% correct to have passed right ?

Received an email at bang on 12 today with my results. To my surprise i have passed everything! I was certain i failed most of it but wow! WELL happy now :D
It's the Dunning Kruger effect.

AM2 Result! WOW!!! Dunning-Kruger - EletriciansForums.net

You know enough to know you have gaps and more learning to do hence the worry but you also know enough to pass the exam.

It's those that were confident of passing that didn't know how little they knew that are most disappointed.

When you reach the plateau of sustainability it all becomes a little easier as things become second nature with less learning, although you never stop, and more doing.

I'll let you know what it feels like if I ever get there.

Hi Mate, I Just done mine, I'm sure it's a fail on the certificate. Any idea how strict they are in that front I mean you must of got yours 100% correct to have passed right ?
Not sure how it is marked but practical has to be 100% I think and testing needs to be correct also. Lower pass mark on multiple choice test

Reply to AM2 Result! WOW!!! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock