Discuss AM2 what did you find the hardest? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
AS title says what did you find the hardest in the AM2?

For me so far.

I made a stupid mistake on the lights took a lil while to work out to wire it just had a brain freeze really, then that made me panic wiring a ring, and i lost 1.5hours getting me nerves back on track. AND now through the rest of the exam i keep worrying what have i missed have i done that, and i keep paniking! I'm usual laid back and takes things easy but for some reason ive lost it with this exam. I did the swa and sy glands had no troubles with them or the heating! It seems to be the basic stuff ive struggled with things thats ive done hundreds of times! I Just dnt get it. At one point i had to ask to have a quick break as i just lost it!

The online exam i found okay, safe isolation and risk assessment was okay. But when it came to doing the safe isolation for the fault find i struggled again! BUT the actuall faults im finding okay, and i havent done much fault findining. Testing still to do, but i think i'll pass that as im good at that done lots of it. BUT am i going to panic at that?

SO for me keeping my cool and not pannicking!

Explaining to the boss that i'd have to have 5 consecutive days off work was the worst bit!!

Seriously though, Just relax. The only person applying the preassure is yourself! Just be methodical and slowly does it!

Good luck!

Reply to AM2 what did you find the hardest? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello all, I've just been perusing the AM2/E/S threads on here. Thought you might like a bit of a review. If, like I did, you find yourself...
Replies
Views
I'm unsure if I should be an electrician or maybe another trade is better. I have basically completed my first year of a foundation in...
Replies
Views
Hi all, first post so go easy! This is for people who are looking for more info on the course and exams and is from my experience of doing the...
Replies
Views
hi all new member from essex sat my am2 1 months ago passed ring /lighting/carbon dioxide/bonding /data/ safe isolation /risk ---...
Replies
Views
Hi I am looking for advice please. Last week I done my am2. And the only thing I failed on was safe isolation of the 3 phase circuit. The...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock