Discuss Am2 worth appealing in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

T

Tonydnb

Hi just found out a have failed my am2 on the installation section
Firstly I wondered if I can get any information on how I failed apart from them saying what circuits I failed on ( lighting/ bonding and swa to 16amp socket )

I thought I did all these correctly and can't see what I can fail on on the bonding as mine was all tight double checked all connections.
lighting circuit I used correct breaker, sleaving. All earths terminated, and functionally works- I did feed the light not the switch but can't see why that would be a problem

the socket was also wired all correctly . Phases labeled . Functionally works

any ideas what I could of failed on is it worth appealing for more information or them to re mark it ???

The Am2 requires you to feed from the furthest switch, you've not followed instructions. Unfortunately a fail, I doubt appealing will get you anywhere.

Sorry fella, I think although not 100% certain you can resit individual sections. So you might not have to redo the whole thing.

Right okay so I feed the last switch then feed the light from the last switch ??. It's annoying as the examiner said before i started it does not matter how the lighting circuit is wired as long as it works

It will have been stated in the design pack they gave you.

Give the college a ring, although I don't think they will tell you more than just what section you failed.

Reply to Am2 worth appealing in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock