Discuss Am2! in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

Callum Jackson

Hi everyone

Just looking for conformation from someone who has done there AM2 in recent months that the following list is what i can expect?

• Protective devices in a TP&N distribution board
• A two-way and intermediate lighting circuit in a PVC/PVC multi-core cable
• A BS 1363 13A socket outlet ring circuit in a PVC single core cables
• A carbon monoxide detector safety service circuit in a FP200 type cable
• Data outlets circuit in a Cat 5 cable
• A BS EN 60309 16A socket outlet in a XLPE SWA cable
• Protective equipotential bonding to gas and water services
• A 3-phase direct on line motor/starter circuit in a SY cable
• An S Plan central heating and hot water system with a solar thermal sustainable energy
element utilising heat resistant flexible cable and PVC single core cables

is there anything missing from this list in terms of installation requirements?

Many thanks

Hi callum i passed on thursday. Yeah thats the install... You get a detailed A3 sized drawing and a A4 spec on each aspect. I would spend a few mins before starting each element reading the spec and checking the drawing to ensure you get it correct.

Hi callum i passed on thursday. Yeah thats the install... You get a detailed A3 sized drawing and a A4 spec on each aspect. I would spend a few mins before starting each element reading the spec and checking the drawing to ensure you get it correct.
it varies from centre to centre exactly what you need to do.

some centres want you to do more than c+g require.

keep calm, work your way through the spec one circuit at a time.

i made a silly mistake in my testing, i put the lives into the earth bar for deadtests and forgot to put one of them back in the breaker for the live test so isolated and sorted it.

as long as you do it safely and realise your mistakes and correct them within time you will be fine and pass

Reply to Am2! in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net