AM2

Discuss AM2 in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Well done!!!, as for the online exam, its open book so you need to get used to where everything is in the book. I did this by sticking postit notes in the sides until i learnt where things are.
Hi
Are we aloud to take our own GN3 and OSG into the exams? If so are we aloud them to have sticks notes on side? Just for page refference?

Hello, You are allowed the following books in the exam:

BS 7671 IEE Wiring regulations
IEE On Site Guide
IEE Guidance Note 3
Electrical Installers guide to the Building Regulations

The best thing for you to do is get to know where things are in each book. I used post-it notes to learn. If you can navigate the books and have a general idea where things are, you will find the exam easy. For instance, my exam had some questions on special locations, I know this is part 7 of the regs book so I jump straight there for the contents. Find what area I'm looking for, perhaps a swimming pool, see what section it is and go to the relevant page.

I have not seen any online exam practice papers (I didn't look hard), however I recommend you find an online 17th edition wiring regulations practice exam to give you practice at finding things in the books

Something like this:

17th Edition (2382-12) Online Exam Simulator - http://www.proprofs.com/quiz-school/story.php?title=17th-edition-2382-online-exam-simulator

All fault finding is, is testing. The only difference is while testing you will find a bad reading indicating a fault. All the tests are the same and the same process should be undertaken.

For example, if you have a circuit that trips the RCD when you turn it on, it would indicate a Line to Earth Fault, so you would carry out an insulation resistance test at the correct voltages and compare the values to Table: 61. Once you have located the fault, repair it and then re test the circuit.

Wondering is the S plan wiring does it come with the diagram or have to memorise the diagram that Jamchiv01 had posted.
The CAT 5 have come into contact with through cabling and then the electrician's doing coms terminate it.
Assessment is near just trying to watch YouTube for visual practise..
Thanks loads for the help

Wondering is the S plan wiring does it come with the diagram or have to memorise the diagram that Jamchiv01 had posted.
The CAT 5 have come into contact with through cabling and then the electrician's doing coms terminate it.
Assessment is near just trying to watch YouTube for visual practise..
Thanks loads for the help
You get the s plan wiring diagram given to you in the exam mate

Which cable size using on the S plan wiring....1.0mill and climping tool to be used...
What's the colour coding when terminating CAT 5..which colour comes first..

Which cable size using on the S plan wiring....1.0mill and climping tool to be used...
What's the colour coding when terminating CAT 5..which colour comes first..

Hello, you will most likely use 1mm squared Heat resistant flex

What do you mean by crimping tool to be used? The conductors usually terminate into terminal block in the wiring center.

CAT 5 should be wired using one of the 2 standards. Best to stick with what's on the back of the faceplate you are using, just make sure that they both match.

AM2 {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Hope this helps.

Reply to AM2 in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock