Am2

Discuss Am2 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

J

Jonesy83

Had my results today and only gone and passed :D

feel more relief than anything could not switch off during the 3 days exam at night must of had about 3 hours sleep

all done and dusted now only got 1 more unit on my nvq to do

Ah,the Am2,i remember it well,was bricking it a week before i took it so your not on your own there pal,i do remember being over the moon when i got my results,my god its over 12 years ago! Im begining to feel old! well done mate,go and have a few beers!

Hi Lenny, as yet they have sent me no documentation whatsoever due to an administrative error on their part, they initially entered me for a 2330 level 3 exam and this was only rectified on thursday. Amazing how efficient they were at taking £586 from my credit card though...

I did find and download a pack from NET which appears to be the full info I need. It does show the motor circuit and it doesn't look too fiendish. I'm just winding myself up really with the whole thing, I've not touched pyro in over 2 years and can barely remember what to do with it, hopefully it'll all come flooding back.

I know of a good PDF on pyro installation & potting.....I'll see if I can find it for you.

Found it.

Last edited by a moderator:
i wold of reccommended you do the am2 revision course helped me loads

good luck with it if you have any questions i can answer for you about the am2 let me know

oh and dont forget to label the wires on the motor circuit otherwise youl lose marks if you lose more than 15 marks its a fail im afraid

Ah that's a great help, many thanks indeed! Just reading a re-reading the pack, I hope I only have to do this once.

Am2 {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Cheers guys, today went pretty well though I'm still mildly confused by the motor circuit, it just doesnt make sense to me even with the diagram. Not sure if some labelling is missing on my rig but I have a number of terminals with no markings at all and I'm clueless as to what to do with them. Sure I'll figure it out tomorrow, I have the lighting in and belling out correct, the ring and the rcd socket are done, the swa is in and a perfect fit and I still have 5 hours left. Even my conduit is super neat which is amazing as I've not touched a bending machine in two years. All good so far.

I had to feel bad for the guy in the bay next to mine, he spent 2 hours 15 minutes just doing his swa then he spent an hour mumbling to himself 'soooo... this goes to here... and then.... no.... um... this goes to here...'

SHUT UP! :D

Reply to Am2 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock